Ways to Experience Nyhavn
from $30.65
from $38.29
from $61.26
26,844 results
All reviews colorful buildings bars and restaurants people watching beautiful area watch the world boat tour sunny day christmas market visiting copenhagen nice walk little mermaid boats canal beer tourists blankets stroll
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Yes, it might be "touristy", but what's wrong with that? If touristy means sitting outside on a glorious day with a wonderful backdrop, amongst hundreds of happy, chatty, laughing people drinking Danish beer and eating seafood, then I'm quite happy to call myself a tourist.
Besides, if you eat inside (down the steep stairs), it becomes less "touristy". We ate in one of these restaurants inside and it was great - charming decor and full of locals.(and a good idea if it looks like rain - during dinner, it bucketed down). Hardly a "tourist" in sight (except us of course). Food was excellent and reasonably priced for what we had.

Date of experience: June 2011
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We took the Hop on/Hop off tram and walked around before finding a delightful restaurant. There are many to pick from and satisfy any taste. After lunch, we took a canal tour, which was excellent.

Date of experience: September 2011
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I highly suspected that the restaurants are overpriced. However fantastic photos were to be taken here. I didn't eat here but enjoyed a nice walk which ended in a surprise - the opera house. Recommended.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

An 2-day unlimited hop-on-hop-off pass allowed me to ride on buses to other attractions, and I could disembarck the coach at the Nyhavn harbor area for a canal tour. When I wanted to go back to the bus stop closest to my hotel, I hopped on the next tour bus. Everything at Nyhavn was wonderful & clean. There were friendly kiosk employees selling water & coffee & hot dogs. Great restaurants nearby. The underground ladies' restroom had gorgeous brass door handles & varnished mahogany doors -- well worth a slight charge. The boat captain & multi-lingual guide were professional yet friendly, & the canal tour sights were to die for. A canal tour is one of the best excursions available in the wonderful city of Copenhagen.

Date of experience: August 2011
1  Thank joy g
Reviewed September 22, 2011

You see far more of Copenhagen than meets the eye when you take a boat trip from Nyhavn. Buy a two-day ticket for the GREEN Hop On Hop Off bus and pa a little extra as this includes a boat trip that can be taken at any time during the two days. It is excellent value for money.

Date of experience: September 2011