Open today: Closed

More Info
from $54.00
More Info
4,094 results
All reviews winter garden on tuesdays van gogh french paintings greek and roman rodin sculptures ancient art egyptian collection ancient egypt roof terrace beautiful museum great collection carl jacobsen special exhibition large collection art lovers works of art
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We were invited for a special event in this place and we were impressed. It is a very special place and to my opinion is a must visiting when in Copenhagen. Spend some time there rather than shopping.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

The Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek is a museum that has something for everyone. It is not the largest museum and its collection is somewhat eclectic. It has a mixture of ancient art and 19th Century European art works. Although we did not bring our children, it is the type of museum that can be of interest to them with displays that attempt to provide context for the art. Many of the displays demonstrated either the process for creating the art or how the art has changed since its creation. The gallery with the collection of studies from 1833 demonstrating how C.W. Ecksberg taught his students, and their different perspectives of the same subject was particularly interesting. Large cloakroom and lockers. However, it can be a warm building and as the gentlemen at the ticket counter noted "we don't really do drinking fountains in Europe."

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The place is beautiful and peaceful and definitely worth a visit!
The sculptures are displayed in breathtaking rooms, unfortunately I wasn’t able to see the art section - and that I think would have made the experience much better, so make sure, when you visit, there is an art exhibition!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

The NY Carlsberg Glyptotek is an art museum in Copenhagen. The museum shows a lot of the art work of the son of the founder of the Carlsberg Brewery. The building looks great and the art work is interesting enough to keep you occupied.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I love anything Egyptian! So I was equally surprised and ecstatic when I found out that they have mummy exhibits here!

So I hurriedly went inside only to be stopped a couple of times by security coz of things you have to leave in the lockers. Like I wasnt allowed to bring my gopro coz of the stick. Was a bit frustrating I must say.

So I went straight ahead to the egyptian exhibit and with that alone I am satisfied already!

I must say it was better than wjat I saw at th Louvre!

It was nice to hang out at the center fountain with the tall palm trees.