“Great location but needs total revamp”
Review of Scandic Front

Scandic Front
Ranked #36 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great location but needs total revamp”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was not surprised at previous reviews. Wonderful location, spacious rooms, and good vibes. Front office support first class. Very friendly and helpful. But rooms have disgusting carpet, corridor smells musty and you can tell the hotel is begging for refurbishment. They even have a dumb policy that only if you request does your room get serviced: clearly this suggests they are cutting costs. They cannot argue this is an environmentally constructive policy. Liked multi device broadband and overall vibe.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Colin L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. We had booked two single rooms. Hotel allowed to check in at 10am am, thanks for that.

We stayed in the 4th floor. As as soon we enter the room there is a wired odor, assume from toilet drain.
Free WIFI is provided by the hotel.
Breakfast was included and reasonable, however, crowded.

Carpet requires cleaning. There was hidden dust on the carpet, which we could feel as soon as entered.

Water was dripping from one of the rooms air con, could not sleep due to this. Next day we reported this. Evening we found no drip, however, the air con also was shut down, which the hotel didnt inform. After complaining new room on second floor was provided. We had to carry the luggage.

It is 10-15 mts walk to the city center. 30mts plus to the central station.

We took metro from the airport, after 10mts, 7th stop is the hotel, then 10 to 15mts walk to the hotel.

For Euro 120 this hotel is not worth at all. No coffee tea maker. Iron board is available, good option.

Overall not very happy with our first stay in scandic hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Scandic Front in June on a short 4 night business trip. I chose the hotel for 2 reasons, location and fitness center. I had stayed at the 71 Nyhavn around the corner 2 months prior and liked the hotel and location but wanted an onsite fitness center.

The TA reviews seemed pretty positive so I thought I'd give it a try for a shorter trip. I was surprised at how old the hotel is and it definitely shows. The elevator was startling in it's age and super tiny. My room had long, outdated shag carpeting. Not very foot friendly for me. I'd prefer wooden floors. The bed was comfy enough but not great. The desk and chair were pretty worn. The bathroom also showed age but was fine. Minimal linens were offered and no real bathroom amenities. I didn't end up going to the fitness center but when I went down while waiting on a colleague it certainly wasn't what the hotel website had described...at all.

The breakfast buffet was moderate. I've had much better at other hotels in Copenhagen. The staff was very friendly. Each time I saw someone I was always greeted very warmly. The hotel was always very busy with guests, vacationers and business travelers alike.

The greatest selling point is the location. It's right along the water across from the opera house, a block off Nyhavn canal and within walking distance to many of the tourist sights. The hotel has a lot of construction going on around it so it makes it a bit noisier and the construction takes a bit from the waterfront ambiance. But, of course, construction is temporary.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mlas101,

Thank you for your feed-back.

We always try to do our outmost to ensure our guests get the full experience and impression of our hotel, which I must agree we failed to do this time on some points.
However I am glad that there were some positive aspects.

We use a lot of time and TLC on our carpets, to keep them clean. We know that they are some you hate or love.

In regards to our fitness room I cant follow you, this is newly renovated and well equipped.

I hope you will reconsider to stay with us again, so you could get the full experience of our hotel, please contact me if you decide to do so, then I will make special arrangements.

I am glad that you took the time to give us this useful information, which will help us improve.

Once again I must apologize for not meeting your expectation.

Kamnik
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very good position,good breakfast,but to small and very crowded dining room in the time of breakfast with very dirty chairs.
If you don't have DKK use your credit card to pay because the hotel exchange rate is very low.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kamnik,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

With regards to the experince during breakfast, we know we have a challenge during peak hour. We have taken steps to improve the experience by adding more seatings and changed the chairs mentioned.

Thank you once again for sharing you opinion.

Best regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

About halfway between the "Little Mermaid" and the Tivoli Gardens; a quick walk around the block to the Nyhavn restaurant tourist eating alley. Room was OK, but a little surprised to hear on checking in that "we only clean rooms every 3 days FOR THE ENVIRONMENT" (my capital letters)!! I'm very glad that "the environment" is doing its bit for the bottom line of the Scandic group - everyone's a winner! We spent 3 nights there, staff friendly and multilingual; breakfast buffet basic and plentiful. Hotel looks a favourite for young families, some businessmen, assorted tourists like us. Not a bad spot if you are going to amble around all the tourist things, as the hotels a little closer to the Rathaus centre will be a lot more expensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the Scandic Front because others in our cruise group chose it. It is a little out of the center, but still a pretty short walk to one of the main squares and the canal with lots of outdoor restaurants. But our room had shag carpeting, a bare minimum of towels, and other features that were less than the reputation suggested they would be. Nevertheless, the staff is excellent, the bikes available for rent are great, the breakfast is good, the bar has good energy, and the neighborhood has good water views. But not much character overall. Admiral Hotel next door might be a better bet and value.

Room Tip: Top floor has outdoor balconies. Some rooms have views over to Opera House and water.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear eidolonnyc,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff which is our main asset.

With regards to the overall condition of our guest rooms, we try to ensure that our product is always up to a high standard. We use a lot of time and energy on carpet cleaning so these are kept clean. I deeply regret that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay and I apologize for not being able to meet your expectations.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback which is always valuable for us in order to constantly improve our services and product.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is excellently located on the waterfront, within walking distance of a lot of attractions and the Kongens Nytorv Metro station. Make sure you request one of the higher water facing rooms. Rooms are decent sized, breakfast is decent and the staff quite helpful. The only negative was that everything feels a little too worn. The management would do well to spruce things up a bit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank skewedeye
Dear skewedeye,

Thank you for posting your comments.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location in Copenhagen.

We are at the present time using a lot of TLC to ensure our room standards , I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectation.

Hope we will get the chance to welcome you back.