Comparing the multiple options on TripAdvisor for a hotel during a pre-cruise visit, I finally settled on the Radisson Blu Royal based on the “retro-modern” design with upscale hotel chain amenities (vs. boutique hotel), and was very glad I did.
First, the location was perfect for our needs. Basically across the street from the central train station, and Tivoli Gardens, and the main Tourist Information office, and a block or two away from the start of the main shopping street that leads to the harbor. (It’s the tall building with “SAS” on the side that is easily spotted from many places around Copenhagen.) We splurged a little for a Club level room, and got a corner room with a view of Tivoli (wonderful for the fireworks!), and access to the top floor breakfast which was included (and provided basically whatever you needed, plus great views of Copenhagen). The room was spacious, with décor that echoed the true Scandinavian design aesthetic (light woods, blue/grey tile bathroom). And perhaps one of the top features during a recent European heatwave, there was air conditioning! It was truly blissful comfort in a city where most hotels (even modern ones) do not have A/C. Perhaps the only downside for me was the standard European-style “half-door” shower that didn’t completely keep the bathroom floor dry.
There was included WiFi, an in-room safe, iron (and board provided if needed). Concierge service was helpful, phoning restaurants when we needed reassurance that they would accept US credit cards without the chip and pin (note that taxis seemed to not accept a credit card with a pin #, we had to use a bank debit/credit card).
Overall, we were very pleased with our choice of the Radisson Blu Royal hotel in Copenhagen. I’d say it’s a top higher-end large chain hotel with the amenities and services you expect in an international chain, in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning architectural hotel welcomes Copenhagen guests to Denmark Expertly designed and perfectly situated, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen is the premier accommodation choice near Tivoli Gardens in Denmark's capital city. Designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the hotel is a beacon of style with its spiral staircase and reflective facade. Choose from 260 rooms and suites with amenities including Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Hotel guests enjoy on-site features as restaurant, exceptional fitness centre and flexible conference facilities. • Unique design elements including the famous "Swan" and "Egg" chairs • The city's central train station, Tivoli Gardens and popular shopping street Stroget within walking distance of this Copenhagen hotel's location • A total of 260 striking guest rooms and suites offering bathrobes and 24-hour room service • Personal trainers, dry and steam saunas and massage services available at the 2,000-square-metre fitness centre • Meeting facilities with the option of auditoriums seating 300 and smaller rooms for intimate gatherings The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel are currently upgrading facilities at the hotel with the least inconvenience for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Rezidor, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Radisson Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Royal Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Radisson