Stayed here as part of a precruise package in june. We were so jet lagged but it was nice to just cross the street and wander Zombie- like in Tivoli gardens. Too bad we arrived on friday when they have rhe evening rock concert in the gardens! This started late but this lasted for not too long and i think they stopped playing after about two sets. We had a room higher up with a nice view of tivoli but we could also hear the concert. The music did wake me up but worse
was a lone saxophone player in the wee hours of the morning, playing the same Godfather theme song over and over and over and over....
In regards to decor it is important to remember that this hotel by arne jacobsen has an iconic style. We laughed becuase it reminded us of all the call rooms in hospitals in canada we had spent nights in (an inside joke!). I had to remind myself that those other rooms were all pale copies of an attempt at this style, an attempt to copy this place. We overall slept well and enjoyed very much our stay at this hotel.
Breakfast on the top floor was swanky. Lots of natural light flooding a beautiful breakfast buffet area and the view up there is great. Love the fish for breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning architectural hotel welcomes Copenhagen guests to Denmark Expertly designed and perfectly situated, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen is the premier accommodation choice near Tivoli Gardens in Denmark's capital city. Designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, the hotel is a beacon of style with its spiral staircase and reflective facade. Choose from 260 rooms and suites with amenities including Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Hotel guests enjoy on-site features as restaurant, exceptional fitness centre and flexible conference facilities. • Unique design elements including the famous "Swan" and "Egg" chairs • The city's central train station, Tivoli Gardens and popular shopping street Stroget within walking distance of this Copenhagen hotel's location • A total of 260 striking guest rooms and suites offering bathrobes and 24-hour room service • Personal trainers, dry and steam saunas and massage services available at the 2,000-square-metre fitness centre • Meeting facilities with the option of auditoriums seating 300 and smaller rooms for intimate gatherings The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel are currently upgrading facilities at the hotel with the least inconvenience for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Rezidor, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Copenhagen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen Hotel Copenhagen
- Radisson Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Copenhagen
- Radisson Sas Royal Copenhagen
- Copenhagen Radisson