“Good location; confortable.”

and 1 more site!
First Hotel Esplanaden
Ranked #99 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed June 25, 2013

pros: The room was spacious and had a lot of natural light (got 3 big windows), everything was clean. The staff is good and the location is excellent, walking distance from the little mermaid statue. Breakfast is ok. Free wifi.
cons: The shower's drain seems to be a little clogged and the extra bed (tripple room) wasn't that confortable. A bit obsolete.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is an old-style hotel -sadly not in the nice historical way. This place went without renovation obviously for too long. Seems like the fact that many times all Copenhagen hotels are fully booked anyway makes the management not investing into this place at all.

The lobby is OK. The rooms and the corridors however are showing their age. Worn out carpet in the very narrow corridor. Burnt out lights and strangely working light switches that nobody wants to change/fix. Tiny rooms, no AC, old and very-very simple furniture, no minibar etc. The only positive thing is that they have what most modern hotels completely forget: a power outlet next to the bedside table to charge your phone conveniently overnight. This of course cannot counter all the negatives.

I haven't experienced the lack of cleaning that other reviews mentioned -hopefully a change in staff, or maybe just luck...

There's no real need for a longer report on this hotel, the bottomline is clear: if nothing else matters but location then go ahead, if there's any other consideration, I recommend to avoid.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

deceived. a couple of blocks was staying at clarion . first offers liw level quality rooms with almost same price. i recommend clarion closer.
the staff lack service culture and are unwilling to go the extramile. a lot still to do i would not use for next time

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Rooms are very cramped with old and uncomfortable furniture. The bathroom in my room isn't clean and the toilet is broken. The receptionist said that it isn't - without checking. Tonight (I am here as I write this) after a long day out working I come back and ask whether the restaurant is still serving food - there is no restaurant apart from the breakfast (to be fair the breakfast is fine). She said I will have to get food outside, when I asked where is good, she pointed to the map and said take a walk. This is the second staff member who needs a lesson in customer service.

The pictures on the hotel's website are very misleading - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is no more than a two star quality at best. I can't see where the tea and coffee is for free, but there is nothing in the room, only a stand selling coffee for 10 kr in reception.

Can't wait to leave this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

the worst thing was the cleanliness. We saw 5 different rooms because we were complaining and all of them had a few no-go's. Dirty sheets with dark hair and spots on it. Mold on the bathroom walls and the shower curtains. Dirty matresses. Altogether the Level of cleanliness was really bad. In the end they gave us their best room, the suite and it was better but still the cleanliness was a problem. When we checked out, we once again told the manager that we were disappointed about the condition of the rooms and she was sorry but explained, that this was just a 3stars Hotel. I think that that every Hotel no matter if it has 3 or 5 stars should provide a certain level of cleanliness. The Interior was ok and the staff was friendly, location was great but I would'nt recommend it. The worst Start for a nice City Trip!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank SheIlovesI2travel
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am not going to lie, I had my doubts when booking this hotel after some reviews were off putting. I arrived there with a friend and were happy. The room was on ok size for two people.
It was warm which I was happy with after being out there in the cold in january. Slightly disappointed with the size of the bathroom and interior I found it too small and a bit plain At night time after going out my friend and I used the facilities to get hot drinks and some fruit before going to our rooms. I liked that touch makng you feel homely. We had breakfast and it was good. Very good selection fruit salad, croissant, cereal, egg not just boiled scrambled too, sausage bacon. One of the best I have seen in a hotel for a while. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It is not far from the little mermaid statue , shops and restaurants. I will most definetly comeback.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I chose the hotel from photos from a website.The location was very good,in frond of a lake and park.Very very good breakfast,and also coffee and fruits available alla day for free!
The service was very good and the people were always available to help and to give you guide.
The hotel gave you the opportunity to rent bikes to travel around the city.

Room Tip: Rooms with window outside with view to the lake and park are better.