“No Air Conditioning!!!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 114 Hotels in Copenhagen
Toronto, Canada
“No Air Conditioning!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night before our cruise and we have mixed feelings about this hotel. We really liked the location. The neighbourhood is safe and lots of places to shop and eat. Our luggage was delayed and we were able to buy things we needed in this area. Don't expect any sympathy from the staff as far as a lost or delayed luggage is concerned.

Since we were staying here during the summer, I wish we had AC!! The rooms can get hot and humid...we left the window open to help us.

The breakfast area is open and nice. The selection was pretty good.

Will we ever stay in the hotel? maybe in the winter but definitely during in the summer.

This might not apply to everyone but I found the bathtub was a big high and so be careful when stepping out of the tub. I slipped and fell (thankfully I didn't get hurt!!)

Room Tip: The bathtub in our room was a bit high..Becareful when stepping out of the tub.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theeba S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hotel is conveniently locatated near the Osterport Train Station. However, it is very pedestrian and located (on one side) next to the train tracks where trains run all night. With no air conditioning, it is necessary to leave the window open. An option was not given by Gala Hotels to have a room on the other non-train side. In addition, the bathroom lacked a floor mat, bath mat and soap, shampoo and conditioner in the shower. The breakfast was good but hours were too limited on Saturday and Sunday. Finally, getting to the room with heavy luggage is not easy, having to go up and down stair cases. Overall, not the best choice other than the location but that is even limited with very few restaurant options near it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have thankfully traveled the world and this is one of the most ludicrous hotels I have ever stayed in. I should have realized something was wrong when I saw the ear plugs as I entered my room. Little did I realize until I opened the curtains that my room (and half the other rooms in this long, long hotel) was literally overlooking an active railway line. The receptionist lied that all trains would have stopped by 12.30 am but by 2.30 am they were still going strong and I had to beg, plead and threaten my way to another room on the other side where I could get some sleep at last. I nearly overslept the breakfast which was only mediocre and then the waiter removed all of my food and a map while I was getting more coffee. PLEASE DO NOT EVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: If you have to stay in this hotel, stay on the left (South) side away from the railroad track althou...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jeremy S

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Located across the road from the Osterport station, and a lightly long walk to the little mermaid, the hotel is basic, but with a good, helpful staff (like most Danish people) and a decent breakfast..however, the rooms are small..the hotel makes sense is you are traveling alone, on business or sight seeing alone..the connectivity to the place is awesome, with trains, S bahn and Buses stopping right there..the only negatives were - train tracks next to the hotel is an issue for some light sleepers and you need to drag your luggage (no elevators!!)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Khosla_abhishek
Mestre, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My company booked this hotel for me for to nights. Usually and do not care how many stars does a hotel has but from my point of view in this hotel you pay to much for it's value. Even if the room are common, nothing special the main thing that made me wonder what am I doing in a hotel like this was a "funny" happening.
After the first night I woke up, had breakfast and went to the meeting that I had scheduled. I come back to the hotel around 3PM and I had a big surprise. My room key wasn't working. I spoke with a guy and he opened my door after I told him what I have inside as a caution to check if is really my room. He opened the door and.....surprise the room was cleaned because someone made a mistake and they checked me out. The best thing was that they didn't get rid of all my stuff and I've managed to recover everything. At the end I've received from the staff the following comment:"You should be happy because we've cleaned your room for free and now all the bed sheets are cleaned".
So if you don't have a choice and you go there I have an advice: be sure you have with you their currency because if you want to pay in other currency they have commission 10%. I saw another guest that wanted to buy a bottle of water 0.5cl and the staff from reception asked him 6 us dollars.
At the end if you do not have great expectation and you are willing to pay for a room more than it's value that the hotel is OK, but me fore sure I will never go there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equal. If you don't like trains then chose the left side of the hotel as you g...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Istrate_Cristian
Casablanca, Morocco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here out of desperation. Couldn't find anywhere else for less than £100 sterling. This hotel is about a one-star… totally C-R-A-P… My advice is not to stay. Horrid. Yuk. It's extremely cheap and not cheerful, and is the kind of place that ought to be avoided.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TahirShah
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Hotel Oesterport turned out to be a great location. Very easy access by train from the airport. Very easy access to local buses. Short walks to the main city attractions. Close to the cruise ships.

The train track was right next to the hotel, but with thick double paned windows, we hardly noticed, plus the hotel provided free earplugs, which we didn't need. The buffet breakfast was included in the price and was great. Great price in this very expensive tourist destination.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple