“worth the money”
Review of Hotel Osterport

Hotel Osterport
Ranked #72 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have received what was offered.
Location is superb!
Breakfast is nice and enought, althought we had some small problem with it when we left early in the morning.
Management should prepare for early leaving guest, and should not surprise them!
Top floor is quiet.

Room Tip: We have been at room #336
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
2  Thank Balazs B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The pictures of the superior rooms are lying, the hotel is almost "inside" the railways with trains pass just 100 meters from the room. The personal/service is terrible, and they deny that the rooms and pictures is wrong.......how is that possible when the pictures says the truth ? :)

Terrible hotel !!

Room Tip: No No & No !!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bjorn M
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked this hotel without reading any reviews beforehand. A few weeks before we were due to travel, I happened to glance at the reviews and became terrified that we were staying in some kind of prison! The reviews scared me, but the experience was not as bad as some others made out.

The hotel is literally on the railway tracks. We stayed on the left side of the hotel (away from the tracks) and I only heard one train in the middle of the night. The hotel itself is quite strange, and feels almost like you're staying in a trailer. The beds are tiny and the room largely resembles that of a motel. It is very overpriced, but so is everything in Copenhagen. We were willing to make a sacrifice on comfort to save money.

The location of the hotel isn't great, but you are right on the train line so getting to the city is simple. We only took the train to and from the airport (which was a super convenient transfer!), and walked into the city all four days we stayed there. It took about 15-20 minutes to walk into the main shopping/restaurant strip. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard. The only thing that was a bit gross was that they provide knives to cut the bread yourself, and a man cut his hand open (I imagine it must happen frequently!) and bled all over the bread and knives. Apart from that, the food was good.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the left side!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tarapig
Reviewed October 31, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Karsten A
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is of an average quality.
Some things are Nice, like the lobby and breakfast restaurant, some are less good, like the room interiors. Rooms are reasonable, but slightly outdated. I have slept in worse hotels and I have been traveling for more than 20 years. The hotel smells funny but has nothing to do with the plumbing, smells more like cabbage. If you're looking for a place to sleep only this is an okay hotel.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband fractured his hip in Copenhagen and I had to fly out very quickly. I booked this hotel without looking at any reviews because it was situated right on the railway station. Travelling alone I wanted to access transport quickly and from here it's right over the road. I could get to the hospital easily and quickly. The staff in the hotel could not have been more helpful in getting me sorted with trains to get to the hospital and were very kind and understanding. For me it was the perfect place. I felt safe and have to say although the rooms were a bit old and probably could have done with a bit of a touch up they were clean and functioned.The breakfast was good and there was plenty of choice. It's not a 5 star hotel but if you are going to Copenhagen for a short trip/holiday it's perfect if all you are looking for is a bed to sleep in and breakfast in the morning! Oh and the trains do go by but it didn't stop me sleeping and I noticed they don't run through the night

Room Tip: try and get the side away from the rail line
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wizard0fId
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Is it really possible to run such a shabby business in Copenhagen?!?!?! That is what I thought and precisely what I asked the manager. He tried to act surprised, but could see that he was used to such comments.

I checked into the room late evening first week of October 2013 and a stench is what caught my nose by force the moment I stepped into the room. Was not very difficult to trace its root to the toilet/bath. I opened the door to the toilet, some how turned on the light using the nearly broken switch and was shocked by what I saw (attached are some photographs to let you know a part of the terrible experience I had). The wash basin had cracks all over, had a tap that has never been washed for many years, had rust all over and some insects running around!!!!! I looked all over and found the same state of things in the bath tub too. And the stench/odour was all over! I had to struggle not to vomit then and there.

After regaining senses, I had a look at the rest of the room. In my last 13 years of travelling across Europe, I have never seen such a dirty and ill maintained hotel room. Doors broken, mirrors cracked, paint coming off the wall, dust on the carpet, soil/grease on the chairs, and any thing dirty that you can imagine. After a looong flight, I had no energy for a fight and so decided to just shut my nose and sleep on the dirty bed in that pathetic room. I am still unable to figure out how can a room at 1200 DKK plus per night be offered in that shape to a customer!

Next day morning I complained to the manager. And he told me that I can write that on some piece of paper kept in the room when I check out! So kind of him! How ever, after a couple of hours he found a new room for me. This one was better without the stench, but rest of the story was the same.

And as if all this was not enough, the whole hotel shakes every time a train passes through the tracks aside. And yes, railway track is just 3 or 4 metres off the wall of the hotel building!

Dear fellow travellers, you can sleep on the street. But not in 'hotel Osterport'!

Room Tip: I used room 319. If I have to choose between an electric chair and room 319 in this hotel, I will ha...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business