“It's cool but...”

AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen
Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed June 27, 2014

As a frequent visitor to Copenhagen, I have always wanted to tried out this hotel since this building is very eye-catching whenever I was on my way to downtown from the airport. The hotel is very nice itself, and the staff are welcoming and helpful. However, as everyone said, it's too far away from everything, except the airport (taxi costs about 100DKK, and free shuttle available and very convenient). The sky bar has amazing view and beer price is very reasonable for Copenhagen. I would love to stay here again if I was only in Copenhagen for overnight transit (also a cheaper alternative to Hilton airport).
My only problem with this hotel is that it maybe too big and mistakes do happen. My assistant booked me into a corner suite, but when I checked in, I was told that I was upgraded to the top floor, which turned out to be just a standard room, nevertheless, the costs of this upgrade was charged upon check-out.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Serenayuan

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The experience on this hotel, has been very good. I stayed for business and I needed something very near to airport, with easy access to metro if I wanted to go to downtown. The design of this one is way out more daring and beautiful than the other hotels in Copenhagen, with this two buildings that together makes this V shaped form. From my room, the view was breathtaking, and from the bed you can see all, because the window goes from the floor to the roof of the room. Maybe the only thing I did not liked of the room, was the small box shaped bathroom. It was so small, that I didn't have space to organize my stuff, and to take a shower in a very confortable way.

The breakfast was OK, and the restaurant for dinner was good, maybe the service could be improved. The Sky Bar is also very nice on the last floor of the second tower, and deserves to be visited, it that fantastic view.

Very recommended hotel, specially for business travels. I will be back sure.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank abdulb4shur
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed at the Bella Sky recently for a conference and upon arrival, check-in was completed quickly and efficiently. My room was spotlessly clean and well equipped with TV, Wi-Fi, mini bar etc but no dock for MP3 players.
The restaurants were nice and the staff polite and attentive.
The conference facilities were also good with a large auditorium and plenty of conference rooms for breakout sessions etc, however, my only complaint with the conference facilities was the lack of air-conditioning as the room became very hot and uncomfortable.
While the hotel is only a short cab ride to the city centre, that is what you have to do if you want to step out of the hotel for food or drinks, so, in summary, a nice hotel with efficient friendly staff but a little too far from civilisation for my liking.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank lakelord
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is an amazing looking hotel. Two very tall towers. A little bit out of Copenhagen but there is a train. You look out over country side. Good for an evening walk. Rooms were good. It was a peaceful place to stay. The staff were courteous

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 451wanderer222451
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very convenient location just minutes away from metro station, distant from the hustle and bustle of the city and connecting the airport via free shuttle, modern scandinavian architectural wonder, good rooms, polite and helpful staff, free wifi and hotel facilities such as spa and fitness centre. The sky bar offers a great venue to catch the sun setting on Copenhagen over a few drinks. A decent breakfast spread. In the breakfast room, every staff had a smile on their and were courteous even though they were turning around 1400 guests that morning !!!!

Room Tip: Higher room gets a good view although using the lift can be troublesome during peak times
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rohit-Bhardwaj
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Simply adored my three night break at the Bella Sky Comwell, Copenhagen from start to finish, and everything in between!

The free shuttle to and from the airport is incredibly helpful. Seeing the stunningly designed hotel on the approach, is quite an amazing experience.

Upon arrival the check-in was fast, friendly and efficient. We were allocated a room on the 14th floor, with a great view (do ask for a room with a view!).

The room was well appointed and of a very modern design - lots of clean lines and spacious surfaces. The bed was very comfortable (but I suppose, I am always blessed with good sleep!); nice clean linen, pillows and duvet. There was ample storage space for clothing, a free safe, small kettle and very good complimentary wifi. The only downside is that windows can't be opened, but I guess being on the 14th floor they have to make sure the stupid people can't fall out!

The wet-room style shower room was great and had a shower to die for! The whole shower room suite was spacious, clean and nicely laid out. Free toiletries were available, if required.

We had an option which included breakfast. The warm items (scrambled egg, sausages etc) were somewhat disappointing, however the rest of the breakfast was great. Really nice selection of breads, pastries, cereals, cheese, sliced meats, salad, yoghurt, juice, tea, coffee etc. The items were of such a good standard, it more than made up for the poor warm items.

The hotel also offers free use of a well equipped gym.

Although not centrally located, the hotel is just a three minute walk from the Metro, which is both cheap, efficient and runs very frequently (even late into the night!). Also being just a few stops from the centre of Copenhagen, one is just minutes away from city life.

Do make sure you visit the bar/restaurant on the top floor of one of the towers. The views are stunning and don't forget to have a look at the whacky piano!

Would I recommend this hotel to family and friends? Yes, most definitely!

Room Tip: Do ask for a room with a view, it's worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TimC108
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Its architecture is exactly what u see on its website - awesome! It's impressive, nice interior, clean room with unique furnishings. We got a good view from 21st floor. It was quite a hassle to go to the room though as one needs to switch lifts from Tower 1 to Tower 2. In regards to the hotel & its room - space was decent, good beds with a nice toilet (Asian travellers be warned, they don't provide the basic toiletries. U've to pay for it.)

Never mind that but what surprised me most is that the service level is not quite as impressive. The best one was on our arrival night where we dined at its restaurant on the 2nd level - the waitress was chatty, helpful & informative. That was a great first impressive BUT....

The Sky Bar is another hotel attraction which we made it a point to dine there. We were made to wait for 10mins. During this time, all 3 waiters, who were just couple meters away on the right, just couldn't see us, no matter how we waved & called out to them for their attention (both of us are 1.7m tall btw). Finally, one can't pretend not to see us anymore came & said we can sit anywhere we choose. We got a table with good view & tried to ask for the menu. AGAIN, we waved & waved, & waved & waived (waiting at the same time). The waiters would serve everyone EXCEPT us. Even the white couple who came in later after us where led to a table & got served! After 25 mins of waiting patiently & not creating a scene, we left. Oh, did i mention we're Asians? Can't help thinking there was some kind of prejudice back then.

We decided to adjourn to the lobby lounge for drinks. The empty tables were filled with uncleared cutlery & glasswares. Went to the bar to order drinks but the waitress was just too busy. It was a one-man show (!!!), so another guest & I waited patiently till she's done & ready to take our orders (about 10 mins). At least she was apologetic & asked for our patience as it was understaffed. While it's no fault of hers, the manpower allocation is certainly an issue.

I went to the concierge on our last night to check on the airport bus shuttle service (u've to book a seat prior departure). I asked the staff to advise what time will be good for me to leave the hotel for my (time) flight. He replied "It's up to u, I wouldn't know." "Thanks, that was 'helpful'!"

I wouldn't stay here again...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 718Vivian65
BellaSkyComwell, Guest Relations Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear 718Vivian65,
Thank you very much for your review and for complimenting the architecture and interior of the hotel. We are sorry about your experience at our hotel - you are welcome to contact us at guestrelations@bellasky.dk and we will take a look into your case.
Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback.
Best Regards,