“Nice, clean hotel”

Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Nice, clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Bella Sky Comwell hotel. The room was quite large. I paid extra to upgrade to the top floor with a view of downtown Copenhagen. The bathroom might be an issue for some. There is see-through glass in the bathroom so if I were staying with someone and showering, they would get a full on peep show. I was staying alone so not an issue for me, but important to note. I was very pleased with my room and the hotel was clean. The breakfast for me was so-so. The hotel is HUGE so they are feeding tons of people. Because they are cooking in mass quantities, I don't think the quality is amazing. The bacon was burnt on all but one day. To be fair, I'm a very picky eater so it's probably me. They did have nice variety with eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, potatoes, fruit, meats, yogurt, bread, etc. Perhaps others might be more happy than me. They also had water and juices to drink. Given the expense in Copenhagen, I'm sure it's a good deal to have breakfast at the hotel. It is a very expensive (albeit beautiful) city.
Also important to note, the hotel is outside of the city. You have to take two metros to get to downtown. It's not really difficult, but it was further away from downtown than I expected. The view is very pretty and was lovely and peaceful at night. It is one metro stop away from a big mall in case you are a shopper.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank greatlake30
BellaSkyComwell, Manager at AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. You only need to take one metro to get to the city center. It is a 5 minutes’ walk to the metro and an 8-10 minutes ride to Kongens Nytorv. We believe that our prices are very competitive especially taking into consideration how expensive Copenhagen is in general.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

great hotel, excellent design wonderfull service. just 15 minutes from tivoli buy bus. very good breakfast. excellent price by booking. we just spent one night but next time we are planning to stay 2 or 3 days just to enjoy the spa and the fitness. excellent view of Copenhague from the 23rd. floor. Wonderfull bar and nice and friendly people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed on the 20th floor and had a beautiful panorama over the Danish capital. The rooms are clean and minimalist, I style that I like however guests looking for individuality and character would perhaps better look somewhere else. Everything was well designed, with a large bathroom, both waterfall shower and handheld, a decent range of products to use and a kettle (important for our stay, being British we like tea). In the rooms we were provided with Earl Grey and Ginger tea, however the reception staff were happy to provide English breakfast when we asked and milk.

We ate in the Balcony Grill restaurant and the food was great. A little pricey but that is Copenhagen. We had steak with a couple of sides each and everything was cooked nicely, no complaints.
We also visited the Skybar, a fantastic venue, beautifully designed, with a telescope to make the most of the stunning views.

Breakfast was a busy affair, mainly because the was a conference on at the Bella Centre next door. The selection of cereals and hot options were good, as well as meats and breads. On a personal note I would have liked smoked salmon to be provided, as there was a lot of hams/cold meat but no fish. Also as the Danish are famed for their pastries, a wider selection may have been expected. Overall I thought the staff coped well with the large volume of people and kept all the food well stocked. The only major sticking point was the wait for coffee, with three 3 coffee machines only one with the facility to make latte/cappacino drinks and the other two just black coffee it meant that a large queue built up waiting for this machine. We did not mind as were not in a hurry but I can imagine business travellers pushed for time may be frustrated by this.

I hired a bike and helmet from the hotel for a cheap price. As the hotel is a couple of kilometers out of the city centre a bike is a great way to travel in (if you don't like cycling however there is a metro stop that goes straight in just minutes from the hotel). There is fantastic cycle infrastructure and can reach anywhere by bike. The hotel provided bikes were of good quality, comfortable setas and with a basket which came in handy for storage. You can use them all day up until midnight and there is a large number so I don't think anyone would be disappointed.

The gym was a good size, located on the ground floor of tower 2. There were at least 2 pieces of most of the equipment, as well as free weights and a TRX machine. All of the equipment was top of the range, which individual televisions and ipod docks, and there was a water fountain/fruit provided.

Throughout our stay the staff were friendly and willing to help. They came across well trained and able to speak a variety of languages. Another positive was the ability to connect to the free wifi throughout the hotel, the connection was fast and did not waver throughout our stay.

We had a great holiday in Copenhagen and would definitely like to return. We would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible to maximise the fantastic view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hi,
I stayed last week in Bella Sky Comwell. I was there for a business conference.
Last day, my flight was at 20:00 and I checked out at 12:00. I asked (me and other 5 colleges) to store the luggage so we can visit Copenhagen and the manager there insist not to help us. We tried to ask the conference manager help but somehow they insist not!
Nevertheless, when I checked out they add to my bill additional 45 DKK from the lobby alghoth I wasn't at lobby at all during my visit, the lady at the front desk delayed me for more that 15 min in order to manually check the receipts, she didn't find it. And for the first time any hotel change for toll free number!!!
That was my first and Definitely my last visit at this hotel!! Don't go there!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We hope that the stay was otherwise good besides these last two incidents. We will of course store the luggage for our guests, but it must have been extraordinary circumstances, since you could not get yours stored.
Copenhagen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just stayed at the 22th floor, room overlooking most of Copenhagen. Realle nice room, new Nordic style. all the Things you need, several restaurants. Tried one and that was pretty good. The Sky bar was magnificent. Really nice hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for a short, but precise review. We look forward to your next visit.
Slovakia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice modern hotel. Good for conference.
Pluses:
- great conference center near hotel
- moderen, functional design
- good restaurant
- smiling staff
- wifi everywhere
Minuses
- in 4 dys the same breakfast offer. White colour crambled eggs? I did not have the courage.
- very small restaurant. And if you need dinner in hotel, probably you need to wait some time. Restaurant menu is good, when you need to eat there about 2 times.
- TVery little selection of TV programs
- Sky bar - nice place, but only offers evening snacks. Forgot it as dinner place

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. You do not need courage to try our scrambled egg, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is just the colour of the egg yolks that varies according to season.
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

After reading some reviews of this hotel, I booked not entirely sure what to expect. I need not have worried.

Staff were very friendly & helpful, rooms were clean, tidy & comfortable, the balcony restaurant was good (if a little expensive, but that's common to Denmark apparently), there was a great view from the Sky Bar and that's all we regular travellers can hope for.

Only downside is that its out in the sticks, but there is a Metro station close by with regular services to Copenhagen City Centre so it's a minor point.

Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for your good review. You should definitely not worry about booking our hotel. We look forward to your next visit here at Bella Sky Comwell.