“Good for people watching but otherwise . . .”
Review of Tivoli Gardens

Ranked #2 of 394 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From mid-April to mid-September, a world-class amusement park comes to life in the center of Copenhagen. More than two dozen rides await you, in addition to live entertainment and more than 30 eateries.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went to Tivoli Gardens on a Friday night. The place was packed with youngsters (aka non-tourists) to see a concert. Although it was fun to catch the scene, the attractions, gardens etc . . . were just okay.

Write a ReviewReviews (19,785)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

it is expensive and if you are around 20-30 year-old only few attractions (2-3) are worth and they cost 75DDK each. Every friday there is a concert so if you are lucky enough to get a good band probably you will the place with good memories.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went for the Christmas Markets and whilst good, we preferred Berlin and Vienna. THe Tivoli totally changes during this period and you are spoilt for choice with food and drink options. No souvenir mug from your Gluhwein though! A recycled plastic beaker is all you get. As well as paying to enter the Tivoli, (or use your Copenhagen Card), you pay extra to use the rides. Spectacular lighting and decorations make this a must see at Christmas.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My 2 sons aged 3 and 6 loved this place, but were disappointed that they were not allowed into some of the attractions because they were too low or too young...even I also paid for my own day tour card to accompany my sons.
I was a bit disappointed too, but OK, they have their security reasons for that I guess ;-)

Tivoli Gardens is really an amazingly beautiful place in the center of Copenhagen, and the food is also great.

One thing that baffles me is the prices, since I have young children I needed to also pay for a day card so I could join them in the fun, else they were not allowed in...and some of the attractions only had space for 2 persons, so I had to do the fun rides 2 times ;-) That was okay apart from the waiting time ;-)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Thought the Gardens were gardens and not an amusement park.
However the grounds and sites were nice but a bit pricey