“Beautiful Restaurant with Rooms for Improvement”
Review of Geranium

Geranium
Ranked #21 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Osterbros
Reviewed October 30, 2019 via mobile

Five stars for the beautiful decor, service, and food presentation. Unfortunately, the taste of the food was rather mediocre; None stood out. I’ve been to several three stars Michelin restaurants; and I always remember some dishes that I had and felt as If I ate something amazing without looking at photos that I took. While 16 dishes could entertain your eyes for food art, but at one point it became tiresome if each waiter or two had to explain every dish; as a result, we could not relax- as if we had to listen to colleagues’ presentation in workplace. Another thing, that we notice, some of the waiters always open with “guys” to address us before explaining the dishes. It’s fine dining based on the price and presentation - confusing goal. Furthermore, some dish presentations were overkill and the staff had to inform to not eat the garnishes; such as, the flowers, the sticks, the stones, etc.... again too much explanation like going to a museum. What’s the point of putting such flowers it they were not edible? Why not use edible garnishes?

At the end, three stars need to provide an emotional and refreshing experience. Unfortunately, while Geranium is a beautiful restaurant, its falls short of being memorable.

6  Thank DruryS

Reviewed October 26, 2019 via mobile

I was thrilled to have been seated at the table in the kitchen which offered a spectacular view of the finishing work. The lunch was sublime. Every dish exceeded expectations. The razor clams were amazing. The Marbled Hack with caviar and buttermilk literally made a little tear form in the corner of one eye; the delicacy of the textures and flavors worked perfectly with a glass of champagne. The mid-lunch tour of the facilities, coupled with a post-meal photo with the kitchen staff combined to offer an experience unlike any other.

2  Thank derekr91
Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

Went for lunch and was blown away. The restaurant is beautiful and so if the staff. Very friendly and very informative. The food was beautiful presented and the flavours were amazing. A huge wine list with both natural and conventional wines which is definitely a wine lovers paradise. Cool to sit in the restaurant which is basically the kitchen too. We will be back!

2  Thank PerStu
Reviewed October 17, 2019 via mobile

There are only a few places in the world where you can have an experience which is equal to this. The venue is magical overlooking the park around the stadium, the service is faultless, and the food is exquisite. The skill & presentation is at the highest level.The wine list is excellent so if you can choose your own bottle rather than do the wine pairing which is a much more expensive option. It’s worth going to Copenhagen just to eat here.

1  Thank janescax
Reviewed October 14, 2019

It was my honeymoon trip with my wife and once we decided we were coming to Copenhagen we thought we would need to try one of the top restaurants there and I am so glad that we chose Geranium. Service was impeccable from start to finish, bumped into one of the staff while we were taking some photos at the entrance, did not hesitate and offered to take some photos for us and we even met the chef Rasmus Kofoed in person.

He was there to ensure that the food that was put up was up to standard. Personally, I have been to a few restaurants on the top 50 list and having been to a top 20 one previously, I have always wondered how are they going to up the game to blow me away. Boy was I surprised by the standard here in Geranium. Glad to say it was such an unforgettable experience and I will definitely be back again when I am in town.

Once again to chef Rasmus Kofoed and your wonderful team at Geranium, my wife and I are very appreciative of your efforts and service and hope to see you again soon.

5  Thank kennethgqr