“Love this restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Osterbros
Reviewed June 23, 2019

If you want an experience go to this casual but lovely restaurant called Geranium. They serve an 18 course meal that serves tasteful and pleasing to look at food. It has a school park view and half way through the meal they will tour you through the workings of their kitchen and wine cellar. Food is light and highlighted with their local small flowers.

1  Thank Teresita S

Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

But unfortunately it was not great. We had the fixed 16 dish menu with 2 bites at the end and though there was nothing wrong with the whole thing, it simply wasn’t fantastic.

Out of 18 dishes, there were 3-4 I really liked. I particularly enjoyed the hake with caviar, the bread, the flowery green dessert rightfully called the forest and the wine.

The rest was good but nothing special. It all looked pretty and sophisticated but that is not all I pay for and certainly not for a 3 star michelin place.

Except for one dish (some lamb), the portions are tiny. I think your stomach is fooled into believing that it’s full because you get 18 bites but I was actually unsure.

We got a visit of the cave and kitchen. Service was excellent though one of the waitresses was at time a bit loud.

4  Thank GammelMont
Reviewed June 17, 2019

We had the 16-course summer tasting menu. I'm not an expert so this is just what I think as a customer. Great food in general but lack of climax - course after course progressing flat from start to finish. I kept waiting for the big oomph but it never came.

Nothing wrong but it's a bit strange to see very minimum cooking activity. I know the cooking takes place behind the wall but the absence of flame or heat in the "look at me" kitchen just felt odd. Thankfully, the "look at me" kitchen was filled with 10 people or so doing food prep/decoration so it made the restaurant look good.

Thumbs up for the imaginative food.

2  Thank vandylon
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Did it take a while to get a booking? Yes. Is it expensive? Yes. So if you’re going to wait so long to go to someplace to spend a lot of money, it better be worth it. Geranium does not disappoint!

My wife and I visited for just a couple’s meal, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Not pretentious, but professional. Attentive, but not overwhelming. Just the right level of comfort and cordiality. Oh, and the food and wine pairings were spectacular.

I can try to outline the many dishes, and how the pairing options were equally attractive. But it’s just easier to say it’s well worth it if you get the chance!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank D C
Reviewed May 6, 2019

We've had the great pleasure of eating in some wonderful places. Top rated, michelin stars including many of the Top 10 of the San Pellegrino lists. The day before, we ate at Noma, and yes, it was completely extraordinary. And whilst Noma deservedly earns its reputation through the foraging menu of secrets and the unknown, Geranium deserves it through sheer delight in taste. Every single thing we ate or drank was bewilderingly delicious. It carries as much mystery and magic in its presentation as the best, but it really does delight at the taste. For me, this is one of the Top 5 we've ever eaten at and we can not recommend it enough.

Date of visit: January 2019