“Didn’t disappoint!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Osterbros
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Did it take a while to get a booking? Yes. Is it expensive? Yes. So if you’re going to wait so long to go to someplace to spend a lot of money, it better be worth it. Geranium does not disappoint!

My wife and I visited for just a couple’s meal, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Not pretentious, but professional. Attentive, but not overwhelming. Just the right level of comfort and cordiality. Oh, and the food and wine pairings were spectacular.

I can try to outline the many dishes, and how the pairing options were equally attractive. But it’s just easier to say it’s well worth it if you get the chance!

1  Thank D C

Reviewed May 6, 2019

We've had the great pleasure of eating in some wonderful places. Top rated, michelin stars including many of the Top 10 of the San Pellegrino lists. The day before, we ate at Noma, and yes, it was completely extraordinary. And whilst Noma deservedly earns its reputation through the foraging menu of secrets and the unknown, Geranium deserves it through sheer delight in taste. Every single thing we ate or drank was bewilderingly delicious. It carries as much mystery and magic in its presentation as the best, but it really does delight at the taste. For me, this is one of the Top 5 we've ever eaten at and we can not recommend it enough.

Date of visit: January 2019
4  Thank jameshT4626LW
Reviewed April 30, 2019

We went to Geranium with high expectations - these were all me and even surpassed. From the moment of arrival to leaving three and a half hours later, it was a memorable dining experience. Our daughter (10) was asked whether she wanted an adaptation of the 16 course menu, but she chose the full menu and was delighted to have done so. The menu consists of 16 bites and small plates, with beautifully balanced flavours and superb ingredients. The wine list is among the largest I have seen (Robuchon au Dome in Macao excepted), and you find wines of great rarity (and the price to match) here. The first vintage of Screaming Eagle will ruin anyone but an oligarch, but the Kongsgaard Chardonnay 2013 we had was superb. Very good also was the glass of Ridge Syrah I had with the lamb course. Service is superb, the waiters and apprentices knowledgeable about every dish. The sommelier gave us a tour of the premises and impressive wine cellar. Overall this was one of the 3-4 four best dining experiences I can remember....... upon return home, I looked for a retailer who has Kongsgaard in its 'assortiment' and ordered a few bottles....

3  Thank schmidtmg
Reviewed April 29, 2019

My husband and I went to Geranium with another couple while on a trip to Copenhagen. We went here the night before we went to Noma and honestly, this restaurant was better.

The 17 courses were perfectly spaced out. The service was impeccable and it was almost like a symphony when the staff brought out each dish. At one point I asked the person to let me take a video of them pouring the sauce on my dish, and even after he paused for a second he jumped back into sync with the rest of the servers.

We sat at the fireplace table which was the best seat in the house. Mid-meal they gave us a tour of their test dining room, wine cellar, meat locker and kitchen. It's a bit oddly located but the food is to die for. You MUST book a reservation here during your stay in Copenhagen.

4  Thank jdefordsky
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We have dined in several three star Michelin restaurants in both Europe and n. America, but Geranium is probably ranks amongst the best we have had the pleasure of visiting.

The 16 course menu did have some forgettable entries, but they were in the minority. Our favorite was a round slice of Hake bathed in a fantastic butter/herb sauce with caviar, and a beautifully presented knife shell in a remade, edible shell.

Service was good and friendly, and we got a nice tour of the restaurant. The wine pairings can get quite expensive ($300 - $2200), but the “cheapest” one did not disappoint, so it will probably be sufficient for most.

2  Thank andersbj81