“The best restaurant in the world?”
Review of Geranium

Geranium
Ranked #7 of 2,670 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Outer Oesterbro
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I ate here tonight for the second time and think it is the best meal I have ever had, and I am a big foodie. I have just finished a tour of my native Scotland and ate at four Michelin star restaurants there which were very good, The Nordic food is fantastic and the 22 course degustation menu with matching wines was divine. I prefer this restaurant to Noma although that too is fantastic if not quirky. GG

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

As the title suggests, geranium was singlehandedly the most amazing restaurant I've ever experienced. As a native New Yorker and currently living in Italy, I'm not a stranger to rgff (really good f*king food) and I must say from the food itself to the exceptional service, geranium topped my list. My friend and I got the full tasting menu for lunch with wine pairing. The menu is intensely robust and I would butcher my attempt to recollect each dish including the ingredients..regardless, the concept behind the food is marvelously Scandinavian. Fresh local ingredients, prepared fancifully with such precision to surprise the senses. The wine for the pairing was...not my favorite however. I appreciate the idea behind local wineries but it's like going to Italy for beer or Kansas for seafood. German wines are okay but I didn't particularly like them. Anyway, now for my compliments to the kitchen. They were gracious enough to let us in the back kitchen where each kitchen staff member greeted us and even let us take a "family photo" as cheesy as that sounds. I felt like a giggly schoolkid when the head chef stood next to us since he adorns the cover of ever Nordic cuisine magazine. I was really taken aback when they all agreed to do that. Now back to the restaurant, the service was so quick and efficient- with different servers brining different dishes and informing us how to eat each twig/ball/soup (yeah a lot of twigs and flowers). It was a 3 hr foodie paradise and I was so happy at the end I almost cried. Seriously. My mouth now refuses to accept anything subpar. But if I don't want to go broke and begging for money for this newfound addiction, I shall reserve geranium for another visit to copenhagen. All in all, it was AMAZING. Go!

2  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed July 9, 2014

refinement, incredible creativity, absolutely outstanding. great service and lovely view . certainly a memorable evening, and in the end we got a card with the 25 items we ate liste, but everything was an absolute delight. if i can make a remake ,the 3 desserts were actually slightly below the rest , if one wants to be fussy

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We landed in Copenhagen 90 minutes prior to our booking, and booked in to the Nimb with a warm welcome.
A little pidgen Danish with the taxi driver confirmed he knew the way to Geranium,and some perfect English in reply from him answered the question that it was, in fact a lake, not a river, and they were large artificial white swans being paddled by recalcitrant children escaping their parents. Our taxi turned in beside the concrete edifice which is the Copenhagen football ground, and stopped around the back in a completely empty carpark next to a canopy with the restaurant Brand on it.
An elevator trip to the 5th floor, and the door opens into a special environment where Art and theatre meets food.
The restaurant is warm and spacious with stunning views , mostly to the South (when up so far North, most places are to the south). Over the course of the meal we enjoyed a long, stunning Scandanavian sunset then midnight twilight.
We were made most welcome from the staff who were knowledgable and attentive over the entire evening. We chose the option of paired wines , juices or beer with each course as the Maitre'D chose, which was most interesting.
Over the course of the evening, we had 21 tasting dishes which were sublimely prepared pieces of art, and revealed individual component flavours beautifully.
Part of the theatre of the evening included a course served in the kitchen, with, a visit and chat with the head chef.
This was a special dining experience which we would recommend to people who wish to experience world class food in an environment which complements it perfectly .

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a costly experience by any standard so we studied the reviews - both positive and negative. We enjoyed the longer tasting lunch menu and were blown away! One of our top 5 meals ever - which is quite a statement since we are long-time foodies in our mid-50's. No need to go into detail since other reviewers have done that so well. Just know that we loved the experience and highly recommend it if your budget allows it.

Just a note - if you pay by credit card the restaurant passes on the processing charge which varies by card and country. We are from the U.S. and used our MasterCard. The surcharge was 2.72%. We knew this in advance and were fine with that.

2  Thank TLaiS