“One of the world's best”
Review of Geranium

Geranium
Ranked #8 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Outer Oesterbro
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The waiters demonstrate fantastic patience as they explain a million courses in detail and with enthusiasm.
The technical expertise of the kitchen is brilliant and I am proud to have been there and sampled their amazing work.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Superb service but the food was so-so. I attended a wine tasting with an Alsace producer. The wine was really the star.

The food was bautifully presented but tastewise...not impressed. Very small portions seem to be the trend these days.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I struggle to put a rating on this one. Though we had a lovely evening and found the experience very enjoyable, we did not think the food at Geranium measures up to its global peers, especially cost adjusted.
We're lucky enough to have been to Narasawa in Tokyo, Vue du Monde in Melbourne and Alinea in Chicago within the last year, and we enjoyed the food at each of those places MUCH more that at Geranium (and they're less expensive).
All of these wonderful restaurants push the limits on creativity, presentation, and preparation with incredibly intricate and intellectualized food. Unfortunately it seems that taste can sometimes take a back seat when offerings get very complex, and we found that to be the case in a number of our courses at Geranium. There was plenty that was delicious, but there was plenty that just wasn't, in our opinion. Perhaps we don't enjoy the flavor profiles of Denmark as much as the chef and/or locals (a great example would be the onion course which I found to be downright nasty it was so strong). I love juniper, flowers and aromatics, but I found them to be a little overpowering in many of the courses (often reminding me too much of soaps). One of the "snacks" at the beginning literally tasted like a sachet of potpourri. This is obviously completely subjective.
Let me say that we thought the service was fantastic - well done. And we LOVED having one of the courses in the kitchen - what a wonderful idea. It was a highlight.
The room is gorgeous and the tables are wonderfully large and comfortable - it is a very enjoyable place to spend 3hrs for dinner.

We had a great time, but I wouldn't return, and I would struggle to recommend it, I have to say. If you have money to spare and you like Scandinavian flavors, then you might very well love this place, as many seem to. I have never been to Noma, so cannot compare it to that.

p.s. they take their cancellation policy VERY seriously, so beware before you book. We had to adjust our number from 4 to 3 people eight hours inside their 3 day window and got a penalty charge of 150E (about $225), which really stings.

2  Thank eh555
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a terrific three hours. It's certainly an odd spot - back of a football stadium - and at lunch the design felt a bit too cool...but the view is fantastic, and the tables are about a mile apart. The food was just brilliant and exciting. There was plenty of wow. And the service was spot on, friendly, serious but unpretentious "you're going to be eating a lot of flowers today..".

It's hardly difficult to get a sense of what to expect before you go, so I don't know why people expect big portions. The wine pairing was excellent and fun. Hell..it was all fun! I'd thought the visit to the kitchen might be a bit of a gimmick, but no...it's not like any kitchen I've ever seen - more like a lab, but not in a sterile way, more an extremely stylish futuristic way.

2  Thank LGaryThomas
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had dinner here to start our culinairy tour in Copenhagen. It's an experience that we did not encounter before this.

It's art works that are brought to your table which you can eat, AMAZING, worth every cent.

Wines pairing you just should :)
We've already told many friends about this experience and we'll definitely will be back with friends for some more tasting.

Experiencing one dish in the kitchen is awesome, I’ve never seen such a well organised kitchen with staff working in pure concentration.

As I said it’s an experience :)