“Decent Food”
Review of Ved Kajen

Ved Kajen
Ranked #982 of 2,532 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Food was decent though not exceptional. Pleasant service. Here we go again with the stupid 50 character rule.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I had lunch here on a windy Sunday and chose to sit inside, even though the outdoor seating gives great views over this old part of Copenhagen. The service here is pleasant and the choice on the menu quite interesting. I had a mixed plate with a great variety of good Scandinavian tasters. The marinated herring takes the top prize. Overall a place well worth returning to.

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited here on our first day in Copenhagen. The view from the seating area is great and it was lovely to watch people pass by. The food was fine, won't win any awards and was typically pricey. I have to comment on the service- it was, in a word, horrendous. Firstly we had to ask for menus having been seared for 10 minutes, then following another 20 minutes or so I had to seek out a waitress to ask her could we order- she replied that to she wasn't our waitress so she wasn't taking my order.......Anyway as we were about to leave another waitress appeared and took our order. I appreciate the restaurant is located in a really busy area, but that is no excuse, perhaps they should consider hiring more staff.

3  Thank AineACork
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Enjoyed the 3-way Herring lunch so much I had it the following day too! My wife also enjoyed the Plaice and smoked salmon dishes.
We dined inside as the weather was cold and wet. However the staff were pleasant and helpful.
Nyhaven is a truly romantic location and a summer hot spot for diners.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Went here because most of the restaurants, at least in winter, seem to have more choices at lunch than in the evening, and this restaurant offered a buffet with chicken, salmon, steak, sausages etc.

We had to wait for it to be freshly cooked, but were told after a few minutes they were ready and the array of food was laid out - just not possible to cook it all in that time. Salmon and chicken ok but tired steak and like warm burgers

2  Thank Steve C