“Cosy place and fantastic burgers”
Review of KH Clausen

KH Clausen
Ranked #859 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Oesterbro
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went there with family during the long weekend of Easter, following excellent reviews on TA. We were not disappointed, to say the least. The staff was friendly and professional, and the burgers were really delicious. The veggie burger is highly recommended, very yummie. The steak burger came with incredibly tasty and tender beef strips, and from the taste I would reckon they do their meat on a charcoal barbie. We highly recommend this place. Interiors are warm and friendly coloured, with large surf pics that ad to the relaxed atmosphere. They also do take-aways.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I never had a burger like this. It's like they invented a new dish. Atmosphere and service were just perfect and as already mentioned, those burgers are amazeing. My recomendation would be the veggie burger, as they are just a really unusual and creative approach to a classical dish.

2  Thank Leonie88
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I just had dinner at Clausen on a Saturday night and it was great!
A short walk from my hotel, I arrived without a booking to be met by a charming girl who made me feel as welcome as if I were a regular.
The style is simple un-fussy contemporary and the food was similar. I ordered the steak sandwich which came with sautéed potatoes and various other salad garnish, along with two glasses of wine and some tea afterwards - it was a lovely meal. The icing on the proverbial cake was that it was all served on or in Royal Copenhagen plain white china.
The reason for mentioning this is that I admire the Danish loyalty and the recognition of their wonderful heritage in Royal Copenhagen and the way it has re-invented itself to cater for a younger and more trendy crowd by offering a plain white range which has been embraced by many restaurants around the city. Sadly I couldn't imagine the same for Wedgwood back in the UK.
Clausen is a neighbourhood gem which should be enjoyed and cherished, and one I hope will continue to flourish.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have now been there several times and I really love the place. Very typical danish atmosphere, great food and friendly service. The burger is definitely recommendable.

1  Thank Helene Danish
Reviewed July 16, 2013

During our three day visit to Copenhagen, we luckily fell upon KH Clausen. The restaurant was very clean, welcoming and cozy. The service was helpful in translating the menu, which, while not diverse, featured phenomenal offerings. My husband ordered the steak sandwich. With a hearty portion of steak, swiss cheese, pickled onions and cherry tomatoes, piled on whole grain bread, it perfectly satisfied his large appetite. My daughter and I both ordered the KBH Burger. It was hands down the best burger we have ever had in our travels and at home. The monstrous burger came piled high with fresh beef, cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, and avocado. It was finished with a garlic aioli inside the thin, but perfectly crafted bun. All meals were accompanied by hand-cut, roasted potatoes, finished with sesame seeds to add a little extra crunch. A side of the garlic aioli was served with each meal for dipping the potatoes in -- a real treat. This is definitely a hidden gem in Copenhagen and deserves a visit by all. We will definitely be returning to this burger heaven again!