“Great Location Good Price”
Review of Tivoli Hotel

Tivoli Hotel
Ranked #30 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The location is awesome. The room was great, very comfortable beds ( a bit small if you are a larger person), typical size room for Euro travel, and great view of the water across the street. The bike rental was a little pricey, we walked around the back entrance to the hotel next door and they were considerably cheaper. The staff was prompt and courteous. Could see how small children would like it because it was "fanciful" based on Tivoli Garden Theme. The beds did have a clown pillows which could be freaky for those who fear clowns:-).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water and the main street offer a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank M P
Jakob E, Direktør at Tivoli Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear M.P.,

Thank you for the nice comments on your stay here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Jakob Ellermann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The Tivoli Hotel is a great hotel in an excellent location.
It is approximately a 10 minute walk to the train station and about 15 minutes to the centre and the national museum.
The staff were helpful and friendly, we arrived at 11.30, our room was not ready but the hotel allowed us to leave our luggage so we could start our visit unhindered.
The room we had was bright, airy and clean. They also had excellent sound proofing as we were next to the main road and we were not disturbed by any outside noises. It was on the waterside of the hotel which was a great view, I would recommend requesting a room on this side of the hotel for the view.
The breakfast buffet was fantastic. You could choose from a wide selection of pastries, cereals, fruit, fresh salmon, cheeses, yoghurts and breads. They also had a hot choice of bacon, scrambled egg, tomotoes and rosti's. There was also a selection of fresh herbs on offer.
The breakfast room was immaculately clean and evrything was well presented.
We paid a visit to the sky bar on the 12th floor. I would highly recommend this as the views were amazing and the idea of having swing seats is brilliant.
If you don't fancy walking into the centre the 11a bus stops directly outside the hotel. These run every 10 minutes during the day and about every 20 minutes in the evening. The route it takes is a circular route to Nyhaven.
I would recommend a 24 hr travel pass which can be purchased at the airport for 75dkr for adults and 50 dkr for children. This allows you full travel on the trains, metro and the buses for 4 zones which is ample for getting from the airport and travelling around the main sites of the city.
I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room on the waterside.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 1196Wayne
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Tivoli hotel, is a nice, pleasant and sweet hotel, although, I thought our room was small and the beds were small and I thought they were bit on the uncomfortable side on night 2 which was our final night. The staff were brilliant at the tivoli so polite and curious. The useful factors about the hotel was the number 11 bus, I'd recommend if you need to get to the centre of town or to the train station if you got luggage. Copenhagen mall is also not far, perfect for shopping!. I'd would stay here again, if the beds get comfortable!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Livingitadam

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here with us. I am pleased to know that you had a enjoyable stay. If the bed seemed too small (it is 160cm wide), I would recommend you to upgrade to a Business Executive room where we offer king size beds (180cm).
I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Arrived at this hotel and was shown to a double room when had booked a twin. Soon sorted by the very helpful reception staff. Thought the room was very small and the beds even smaller! Hotel was geared for families with young children they was a treasure hunt whilst we were there and the hotel is carnival/fairy tale themed which is a nice touch though lost on my 20 year old son who I was travelling with! Hotel is quite a walk from the centre although there is a bus outside which leaves every 10 minutes - wish I had known this walking from the station with suitcases! Good shopping mall within walking distance with a supermarket and reasonably priced restaurants.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Angelamarief1

Dear Angelamar,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center. I am sorry for the incidence with the room allocation, but I am happy that it was fixed quickly. All standard rooms are the same size, no matter if they are double or twin. The beds in the twin rooms are 80cm wide.
I am sorry that you weren't informed about the bus 11A and had to walk to the hotel. I hope you took advantage of the bus during the rest of your stay.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again on future trips to Copenhagen.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel,based on its name and location plus they were offering decent rates for Copenhagen. The location is perfect for the price and size of the hotel as it is only a ten minute walk into the central area of the city plus there is the added benefit of being close to the new shopping centre Fiskotel (probably spelt wrong). When I arrived I was told of the amazing upgrade that allowed executive room breakfast and lounge access where drinks are served. The breakfast lounge was worth the extra money as it takes you away from the hustle and bustle of a very busy breakfast room. Don't hold your breath over the lounge as that is a waste of good money.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen G

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the location and the upgrade to the Executive Floors. I am sorry if the communication of the lounge was misleading; the lounge is not an executive lounge, but a nice little extra for our guests staying on the Executive Floors. We offer a light breakfst, drinks, coffee/tea, snacks and fruit all day, but you will not find serving staff etc. I hope the other benefits of staying on the Executive Floors lived up to your expectations.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Second stay in last few months , love this hotel. great location, great rooms, superb sushi restaurant .....when in Copenhagen I will always chose the Tivoli hotel .....this is a fun hotel , great bar, great staff

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TurpieFamily
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here for one night in February of 2014.

The hotel is brand new, and the design is charming and fun. It is refreshing to see hotel decor that is a bit more fun than the usual beige color schemes of hotels. The room was fantastic -- good view and a very comfortable bed.

The elevators are fun at night with colored lights, and there are fun-house mirrors in the breakfast area. It would be a great place to take kids.

The breakfast was delicious and included. There is a Sticks n' Sushi restaurant at the top of the hotel, which was completely booked that night so we went elsewhere for dinner.

The staff was very helpful and kind. Someone (hopefully mistakingly) signed our room number on a bill for the sushi restaurant, but when we explained we had eaten elsewhere, they were able to take the charge off our room without a fuss. There was nearby construction that was quite noisy in the morning, but when we complained about it, they gave us a discount. The hotel staff clearly puts the guests first.

There are also spa services available, which we were unable to use as we forgot our swimsuits, but there is a shopping center close by.

The hotel is about 15 minute walk from the main train station, and a few minutes walk to the canal. Walking along the canal was a great experience and a good way to see a lot of the modern architecture in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple