“Nice”

Restaurant Shanghai
Ranked #2,019 of 2,499 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently eating there, and it's some correct Chinese food, but a little bit expensive. I guess I'm paying the location, the point of body from the terrasse, and the decoration, which are all nice :-)

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Shanghai

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Be careful about the price at the front door. There are hidden costs on drinks and fees if you pay in credit card. Drinks are extra and you have to order a drink for each person. Staff inside are rude.

2  Thank jinxingj
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Walking in the Old Town....looking for reasonably priced food (ha!)...rejected bars and pubs in favor of this restaurant and its buffet. If I'd read the TripAdvisor reviews beforehand, I probably wouldn't have stopped, but was actually impressed at the variety of food offered at the buffet and found many dishes to enjoy--batter fried shrimp, hot/sour soup, the normal buffet offerings--all seemed fresh and tasted good, if not great...you get what you pay for...it was an inexpensive meal, but the flavors of the dishes were better than ordinary. My husband agreed, and he's usually not a fan of Chinese or Oriental food. (which I've been eating all over the world for years.) Take a chance if you're in the area. You may be as lucky as I was!

1  Thank Nancy171717
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a good Guiness restaurant in centrum and tried this one. Staff was polite at first but when we asked to see the buffet before ordering, we became air for them. Buffet looked ok but staff ignored us and we left after 15 minutes.
There is a great chinese restaurant near Nyhavn called DongYuan, go the extra mile - its worth it!

2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Was really hungry at that time, got fascinated by the dinner buffet.

Saw the spread, wasn't impressive, but I was too hungry to think of somewhere else to eat at.

You have to pay 20 kronor if you are not buying anything to drink. You'll pay roughly 60 kronor for a 5 cl Carlsberg.

You will have to pay extra if you will use your credit card.

You pay 5 kronor if you are not a dining customer and need to use the toilet.

I like the interiors though, but would be nice if they clean it from time to time. Oh, and you can't take pictures of the place!

The staff were pretty okay. Had some laugh when the staff got locked in the smoking area. Some guests had to help them out.

Not sure if we'll come back for some more Chinese buffet from this restaurant.

1  Thank Gabriel.Pavico