“Memorable charm and delicious Danish cuisine”

Nytorv Restaurant and Cafe
Ranked #530 of 2,572 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I chose this restaurant because of it's welcoming exterior and Danish fare. I was happily surprised by the interior space, the friendly staff, and the tasty food. It was going to be hit or miss when I ordered the spicy pickled herring smorgasbrod and a glass of wine (I was able to order off what I found out was their lunch menu posted outside). I went in for dinner and left with a cherished Danish dining experience. Everything from the ambiance of the room to the presentation of the meal was well done. I built my open face sandwich and ate with a smile on my face, feeling that I was truly experiencing a slice of Danish culture. I would recommend this restaurant to those who would like to taste a bit of the cuisine in a comfortable and cosy setting.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

An ideal little eatery tucked away just off of a busy area, the menu offers something for everybody and the service and atmosphere are both very good. Try the 5 curse starter for a good tasts of modern Danish cuisine and wash it down with an akvavit to keep out the winter chills.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My fiance and I came here in the evening for a taste of danish food and were very happy with the food and service. From the outside the restaurant looks very charming and cosy. On closer inspection the interiors are a little worn but added to the character of the place. We ordered the pork with red cabbage and the schnitzel which were both delicious. The waiters weren't chatty but were pleasant and we prefer that.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I have been travel to Copenhagen before Christmas nearly every year since 2001 and have visited this charming Danish restaurant the last 7 times for lunch. Same procedure this year…. we ordered “Københavner Platte” and “Jule Platte” (see my attached photos).

The always smiling owner – Dennis – makes us feel comfortable and gave us a great experience!

See you next year Dennis!

Regards
Svein-Magne Tunli from Bergen, Norway.

1  Thank Svein-Magne_Tunli
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I found this restaurant had atmosphere with friendly staff. Food and service were good, and reasonably priced for Central Copenhagen.