“Not good food at all”
Review of Manhattan Deep Pan Pizza House - CLOSED

Manhattan Deep Pan Pizza House
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Dining options: Buffet
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Not good food at all”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here in August for lunch and it was 69kr which is about £8. Not too bad price for a buffet but the buffet is small and all food is cold. There was three pizza each with one slice left which was stone cold, the 'hot' food bar there was spring rolls, onion rings, spaghetti bolognaise etc (mainly rubbish all inclusive food). I understand you get what you pay for but the food was extremely cold and tasteless. The drinks were overpriced, 44kr for a coke, which is nearly £5...

Would recommend not to go here.

• Visited August 2013

Sala, Slovakia
“Not recommended at all”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

After trying to find a decent place for lunch that was not overcrowded, we decided to try out this pizza buffet. If it was up to me, I would have walked out as soon as we opened the main entrance door. But, as we were with a family, and very hungry, the decision was to stay. My first impression was that this place was yuck and gruby.
We got greeted by a young girl who did not speak much english. She showed us to the table. We decided to go for the buffet.
The pizza was surprisingly nice, but I can't say the same about the rest of the food. I put some of the rice and pork on my son's place, and im glad I tried it while feeding him as it was terrible.
I did not know about the drinks' thing until i've just read all the other reviews. My brother in law paid the whole bill to make it easier for the staff, but during our visit we were not told about having to buy drinks!!!
In short, I would NEVER go back and I certainly would not recommend this place either

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Zuzana B
Helsinki, Finland
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect to find a gourmet pizza buffe for 59 DKK at the main tourist street in an old town of a quite expensive city. No, not possible. But the food was decent enough and I enjoyed the lebanese style cold dishes far more than the warm "popular dishes" such as onion rings and meatballs. The pizza was actually quite ok.
And yes, be aware- they will make you pay for tap water! But on the other hand, nobody forces you to stay at this tourist trap, there are several other ones near by too!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Marianne S
Aalborg, Denmark
“Cold food and extra charge for not having a drink”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

After walking past this place a few times we decided we would give it a try as it looked a reasonable price and a good range of food. We were greeted by a girl who didnt speak alot of english who said its cheaper if you buy a drink. Expecting not to pay full price or have our one drink each included we were charges over 50 dkk for two drinks on top of the buffet.

They charge you about 15-20 dkk if you dont purchase a drink. This was not advertised except for a tiny sign near the til which I saw after already drinking my drink.

The food was okay but some of it wasnt hot. I did wonder about OHS. Location is good but I would not recommmend eating here.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Amelia S
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not at all worth it.”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The location is the only reason someone would eat here. You might accidentally fall over the place while shopping, and be tempted if you are hungry enough.
They advertise with a cheap All You Can Eat buffet, but they also force you to buy something to drink - at ridiculously extreme prices.
And the food is not good. Buying a sandwich at a random place will probably get you fresher ingredients.
Unfortunately, I have nothing positive to say about this place.

• Visited November 2011