“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Manhattan Deep Pan Pizza House - CLOSED

Manhattan Deep Pan Pizza House
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Dining options: Buffet
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Helsinki, Finland
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect to find a gourmet pizza buffe for 59 DKK at the main tourist street in an old town of a quite expensive city. No, not possible. But the food was decent enough and I enjoyed the lebanese style cold dishes far more than the warm "popular dishes" such as onion rings and meatballs. The pizza was actually quite ok.
And yes, be aware- they will make you pay for tap water! But on the other hand, nobody forces you to stay at this tourist trap, there are several other ones near by too!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Marianne S

Aalborg, Denmark
“Cold food and extra charge for not having a drink”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

After walking past this place a few times we decided we would give it a try as it looked a reasonable price and a good range of food. We were greeted by a girl who didnt speak alot of english who said its cheaper if you buy a drink. Expecting not to pay full price or have our one drink each included we were charges over 50 dkk for two drinks on top of the buffet.

They charge you about 15-20 dkk if you dont purchase a drink. This was not advertised except for a tiny sign near the til which I saw after already drinking my drink.

The food was okay but some of it wasnt hot. I did wonder about OHS. Location is good but I would not recommmend eating here.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Amelia S
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not at all worth it.”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The location is the only reason someone would eat here. You might accidentally fall over the place while shopping, and be tempted if you are hungry enough.
They advertise with a cheap All You Can Eat buffet, but they also force you to buy something to drink - at ridiculously extreme prices.
And the food is not good. Buying a sandwich at a random place will probably get you fresher ingredients.
Unfortunately, I have nothing positive to say about this place.

• Visited November 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Appears like a good deal...until you step inside”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Walking down Strøget in Copenhagen, you see all kinds of buffet restaurants lining the street. This particular one seemed like a good deal at only 59 DKK. When you step inside, you are greeted by a sourly host. So far so good... The drinks are priced about par with other restaurants, but for a glass of tap water they want 18DKK. If you want to buy the buffet, you are required to buy a drink, so your 59 is now a minimum of 77.

Then, the reason we were here. The buffet. They had three kinds of dry burnt pizza and some unappetizing foods in the buffet stand. The onion rings were cold and as we are sitting there eating, we watched the cook take a bowl of potatoes from the microwave and place in the buffet. Judging from the quality of the food, this was probably their way of keeping hot food...

Overall, I would never recommend this place. As we only had one day in Copenhagen and unfortunately chose this particular buffet, I can't speak for any other buffets along the street, but they can not be worse than this.

• Visited January 2011
3 Thank KaiGywer
Keflavik, Iceland
“Pee with your pizza, sir?”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

On a trip to copenhagen I stopped by the Manhattan Deep Pan Pizza house to have lunch with my fiancée and our daughter. We're fans of buffets since it's a chance to get stuffed for a reasonable price. The food was OK and so was the woman at the counter who took our money.
However, after we had finished eating I went to the bathroom. As I washed my hands I saw a man finishing up at the urinal and exiting without washing. "How discusting," I thought as I walked out of the bathroom after him. But to my horror he walked straight into the kitchen! Seconds later, he walked back out of the kitchen with a tray for the buffet, messed about in other foods at the buffet with bare hands and then back into the kitchen.

I nearly vomited and left the restaurant, too shocked to even demand a refund, which I of course should have done. But one thing is sure:

I will never, ever go there again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

8 Thank Styrmir B