Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
An unbeatable way to sample Danish food

Reviewed January 6, 2020
99andrewz
Wonderful introduction to Danish food

Reviewed May 7, 2019
sandavak
via mobile

All reviews danish food great stories restaurants and bars kristian tour guide nyhavn city
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

I had an admittedly atypical experience, having a solo tour due to it being the Sunday before Christmas. That being said, I had a very enjoyable afternoon with my guide Kristian, full of great food, drink and conversation. He was extremely knowledgeable, the food was amazing and every place we visited seemed to be more charming than the last.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We were in Copenhagen during the Easter holidays. Although some of the restaurants or shops he usually works with were closed, Kristian really committed to introduce us to Danish food and provided alternatives. He also kept in mind the food intolerances I have.
Overall the 3 of us had a blast, walking around Copenhagen with Kristian explaining us a bit of history on specific locations, describing us the food specialities and the eating habits of the Danes. To me, it felt more like we spent the afternoon eating good stuff and chat with a friend eager to share his food passion and tips in the foreign city he had decided to settle in. At the end of the tour we were full and had a list of other places to check out for more delicacies . I really recommend!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed January 31, 2019

On this walking food tour my friends and I tried amazing danish food. We had breakfast, traditional danish rye bread sandwiches, danish cheeses and chocolates. My favourite was the rye bread with herring and danish akvavit. But everything on the tour was wonderful.
We walked past the royal danish residence, Nyhavn and the round tower and other places too.
Our guide was very knowledgeable and funny and knew a lot of stories from the places we went. He made us feel very comfortable and we enjoyed chatting with him during the tour.
I would recommend this tour to everyone visiting Copenhagen. It’s more than worth the four hours we spent.

Date of experience: November 2018
626kristianh, Ejer at Copenhagen Food Crawl, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2019

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I sure did.

Reviewed November 14, 2018

The tour is a nice walk through Copenhagen with great and tasty food along the way. All the food stops are in such a cozy places, making the experience really pleasant. You can expect for a lot of food with a very kind guide, ready to show you what danish food is about.

Date of experience: November 2018
Kristian H, Ejer at Copenhagen Food Crawl, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Thank you for the kind words Laura. I'm glad you enjoyed the tour and liked the food.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

The tour started in Nyhavn and covered a good part of the city centre. It’s of course about food rather than the city itself but Kristian the guide and owner also has plenty of information about the sights around you during the walk.
The food chosen was all excellent and gave a great introduction to Scandinavian cuisine and flavours. I won’t spoil the tour by telling you what you eat but rest assured you won’t finish hungry! There was a great variety of tasty, fresh, well prepared and presented foods for almost all tastes from breakfast dishes through dinner and dessert. There was also a chance to try some Danish alcohol too :-)
It’s clear that Kristian has a real passion for food and is informed and enthusiastic about all the different things we tried. He also has plenty of recommendations for restaurants and bars to try in the city if you have more days here.
All in all a great four hour experience!
I would definitely recommend this tour for a good flavour of Copenhagen and Danish food and especially good if you’re short on time and want to get as much as possible in just a few hours.

Date of experience: August 2018
Kristian H, Ejer at Copenhagen Food Crawl, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm happy you enjoyed the tour.