“One of the finest hotels I've stayed in! This hotel has my highest personal recommendation!”

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers
Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I checked into the Crowne Plaza Hotel Copenhagen Towers on it's one year anniversary for a one week business trip and it was one of the best moves I ever made! I'm a Platinum Priority Club Rewards (PCR) member and was immediately greeted as such upon checking in. I was complimentary upgraded three levels to an executive club room with access to the executive club lounge. I honestly don't know what I loved more about the hotel the free internet, the heated tile floor in the bathroom or the executive club lounge. Sure, the hotel is a little way out of the city center (15 minutes) but the metro stop is less then a five minute walk away. The hotel sells tickets for the metro just make sure you buy the ticket that covers three zones if you head into the city center. There is a large Fields shopping mall right down the road across from the metro stop where you can do all the shopping and eat all the fast food you want. My club room had a huge bay window with an incredible view of the North Sea. The bathroom has a huge shower with a Rainbath type shower head and a very large bath tub. However, it was the heated tile floor that put the cherry on top of the sundae for me. The staff are very attentive, respectful and easy going all at the same time. I received a free drink at the bar for telling the guys at reception how much I loved the hotel! I ate breakfast in the club one day and the main area the next and both were wonderful. If you're headed to Copenhagen this is where you want to stay! I'm headed back for a business trip in January 2011 and can't wait to check back in! The Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers have my strongest personal recommendation!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Big_White_Baer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Hotel is a two minute walk from the Ørestad train and metro station which means that you can get to Copenhagen Central Station by train in less than ten minutes or use the metro to get easily to other parts of the city. You can take the train to the hotel from Copenhagen Airport in Kastrup or use the shuttle service provided by the hotel. It is a five to ten minute ride and we could easily find the little red van parked outside Terminal 2 (we phoned the hotel after arriving in the airport). The staff at check in was nice and we got a fine room on the 23rd floor overlooking Copenhagen. We stayed there four nights and enjoyed it. We had no breakfast at the hotel but went into the city to eat every day (we recommend Kaffebaren på Amager near Islands Brygge metro station for breakfast). Window could not be opened but air condition was efficient. We ordered a wake-up call on the last morning because we had to get up early and go to the airport. But the phone never rang. Hotel had the phone system checked and later offered a compensation to make up for the inconvenience. We used the shuttle again to get back to the airport after check out.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rueskov
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza while preparing for a conference at the Bella Centre. Great location, and in particular when my wife joined me a day later the staff were fantastic. Picking her up from the airport, giving her access to my room and giving her directions and assistance to get into town were all appreciated. When we had an issue with the air conditioning being noisy and not turning off they also made the effort to try and assist us, even though it was the middle of the night.

The conference rooms were a little difficult to find as they were hidden away and not necessarily easy for our clients to find. However, the free wifi was useful and we had access to everything we needed. There was the odd hiccup trying to get food and drinks charged to the conference room as opposed to an individual's room, but everything got sorted out in the end.

Would not hesitate to stay with them while on a leisure trip mainly due to the great service from the staff on reception.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank BlairHesp
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I booked this hotel as it could have been a good hotel for conference, but not for working.
The service was alright. As lots of people coming to this hotel for business trip, the service needs to be more attentive.

The room i got was quite big but the cleanne was Not so good especially if you look at the minibar or the glass. The least i expect to the room after a long day out was a nice clean atmostphere but that impresion was gone after seeing those.

The internet was hard to get as the signal was quite weak if your room is on the high floor. They really need to upgrade the WIFI connection. May be a signal booster will help.

Alright hotel.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 30, 2010

As the corporate headquarters of my company is in the Copenhagen area, I need to visit Copenhagen frequently. In the course of time, I've seen quite a number of hotels, amongst which the Hilton (at the airport), the Marriott (in the city center). I especially like these two hotels for their high quality level.

I thought to give the Crowne Plaza a go though, and I was truly amazed. The hotel is excellent and serves as an perfect alternative to the aforementioned hotels! Especially for the business traveler, this is the place to be. It's clean, stylish and modern and has all the ameninities of a good hotel, including room service, restaurants and high speed internet.

Note: the slowest internet speed (768 kbits up/down) is free of charger (Marriott / Hilton: eat your heart out), but the faster speeds are charged. Although the internet worked nicely, it was not suitable for my VOIP clients Skype and Voipbuster. I recommend choosing a faster speed if you want to use VOIP. If you just want to read your e-mail and surf the web, choose the slowest speed. Did I already mention it was completely free of charge?

Check-in was fast and clean, although the desk clerk had somewhat of an attitude. He served me well, but I did not feel completely respected. I am sure that would have been different if I had worn a suite though (*smile*). My room was located on a corner on the 12th floor and had a nice view over Copenhagen.

Even though I tried to stay away from the elevators in hotels, there were no problems in the Crowne. I had the room closest to the elevator, but still it was very quiet in my room - rarely seen in hotels. Construction must have been thought about properly. The room itself was not too big, but was clean and fresh. The bathroom was nice and clean as well. Also, there were some small delights in the room, like water, coffee, tea and some small cookies (compliments!). Of course, the room also had a mini bar, which I did not use.

The area was not too nice though, but I personally don't care. It is close to the airport and the metro station is around the corner, but you have to do some travelling before you are in the more densely populated areas, so to say. Field's, a huge shopping mall, is closeby. For the shopaholics this is great.

All in all, a fan-tas-tic stay!

8 Thank _Dr_GerNi_
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The hotel is very close to the airport and the Bella center. The Orestad Metro station is also close to the hotel- the bella center is only a metro stop away. There’s a huge shopping center called the Field's, with nice stores, good restaurants, only a block away from the hotel. The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. There’s a restaurant and bar area downstairs in the lobby area – I found the food to be okay (Menu had only 4 entrees to choose from). I will definitely recommend this hotel to my other colleagues.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I had business to attend at the airport, but since there was some major conference on in Copenhagen, both the airport Hilton and several downtown hotels were fully booked. This hotel was booked for me as a "compromise", but it turned out to be a very good choice. The hotel really impressed me and left me more than happy to recommend it to others.

The hotel standard itself is excellent. The place is brand new and the rooms very large and roomy. I was told by my Danish business contacts (who all seemed very eager to hear my opinions about the hotel - it seems to be a much publicised construction) that the building has been noted for being very "green" and environmentally friendly in its design.

A minor issue in the room was that the wardrobes were very shallow, making it difficult to hang much in them. I didn't manage to get any wireless reception in my room, but the staff lent me a cable and efficiently noted down my room number to review which rooms had poor reception.

Staff was always helpful, courteous and very friendly. I had a problem at check-out, since it had not been registered that my stay was to be billed on the company that had invited me (and booked the room). Although the error probably was on behalf of the company that booked me, which simply forgot to mention this, the reception manager (Henrik) dealt with it in a very impressive manner, apologising profoundly and even gave me my two nights' breakfast for free (I had foolishly expected this to be included - fortunately for them, I have very little to eat for breakfast). Of course I realise that this is a technique to turn something negative into something positive, but it really works!

The hotel has a free shuttle service to the airport every 20 minutes. The journey takes 5-10 minutes. A couple of minutes' walk from the hotel is a train and metro station, making the hotel convenient for trains to the airport and Sweden as well as the central station in the opposite direction. The metro quickly gets you to various locations in the centre. Next to the metro/train station is also a large shopping mall with ATMs, restaurants etc.

Although I didn't pay myself, I noted the rate I was booked at and, although it was not exactly cheap, it was remarkably good value for the standard and the fact that Copenhagen is a very expensive city.

1 Thank AirlineFreak