“Beautiful hotel with fabulous service”

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed at the hotel twice in March 2011. The hotel has a boutique hotel feel. The rooms are well lit, clean, large, and modern. The bathrooms are very spacious. The showers have great water pressure and the water temperature was hot every time I used it. There is also a free business center equipped with several computers so you can print your boarding pass or check email.

The location is less than a three minute walk from the trains, but I heard no noise. You can get anywhere in Copenhagen in about ten minutes, so location was fine. You can buy discount train/subway passes from the hotel and save money on daily transportation. Also there is a free shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel is across from a large indoor mall which has some cheap lunch options such as KFC, Burger King, a chocolate shop, cafeteria, large grocery store, and few different bakeries.

The reason I chose to come back to this hotel was that the service was beyond my expectations. I wish all the hotels I stayed at had staff this well trained, knowledgeable, and helpful. The front desk staff really went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.
I arrived VERY early both times and my rooms were ready with no waiting. I did email the hotel in advance to let them know that I was coming from JFK and would be arriving in the early AM. The front desk clerk Tues, offered me recommendations on places to see in the city since I didn't have any set plans. He is truly an asset to the hotel. Another example is that It was slightly raining and one of the clerks (blond male) ran over to me with an umbrella to use for the day, without me going to the front desk. All these things are stuff I expect hotel staff to do, but sadly unlike here, I usually have to ask. This proactive approach to service is lacking in many larger western hotels. Because of the fabulous staff, I will stay here next time I am in Denmark and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask about lounge access, well worth the price
  • Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Shidou
Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We used the complimentary shuttle from the airport had a friendly welcome by the driver, we arrived a bit early for normal check in but only had to wait about 30 mins before the room was ready. The room was clean and modern.
The hotel is a train or metro ride away from the city centre which takes about 10-15 mins, the station is about 5 mins from the hotel. We left early in the morning and there was an early bird breakfast which had fruit, pastries tea and coffee which you could have if you wanted to. Again we took the shuttle back to the airport. All the staff were friendly, cheerful and helpful. It was a shame that we didnt stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank piggies06
Reviewed April 30, 2011

It is a normal crowne plaza. Modern, clean. All good

Lovely foyer. Very expensive drinks, as is normal in Copenhagen.

Biggest point of interest is location. To my view it is ideal. Close to the airport and only 5 mins to station for 10 min ride to town centre.

Only downside for my trip was the no show of the free shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Jabei
Reviewed April 26, 2011

It went off a bad start when we waited 50 minutes for the free shuttle bus to the hotel where the journey took only 6 minutes. Other than that, everything was alright, nice hotel, convenient location near to metro and a shopping mall nearby. Oh one reminder, DO NOT use the hair dryer and kettle at the same time. You'll have a blackout!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I can only really echo the great reviews that have already been written about this hotel.

I was initially worried we might be too far out but It is a 10 minute metro ride to the centre of town and the trains arrive every 5 minutes. You can purchase the tickets at the hotel reception. We decided to take the train to Malmo on one of the days (from the station below the metro stop) and that was really lovely - it is only a 20 minute train ride over the wonderful Oresund bridge.

All of the staff were very helpful and advised on things to see/do throughout the stay. The rooms were spotless/modern/large and very well priced. The hotel also picked us up and dropped us off at the airport which was a real bonus.

If I was going to stay in Copenhagen again I would certainly stay at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I booked this hotel throught a cooperation membership, and got the room with a very moderate fare included breakfast. Before arrival, I asked politely for the best possible rooms, and was kindly guarantee the floor next to the top (the top was for the suites). The best experience with this hotel is the PILLOW! I cannot remember last time I had such great pillow at a hotel, almost better than at home. However, there was some issues with the lime flakes in the kettle (the hotel provided coffe and tea complementary). I am surprised that no hotel manages to solv this lime flakes issues. It should be possible with routine emptying or cleaning the kettles when guest has checked out?
Despite that lime issue, I rate this hotel as best since it was new (builded in late 2009), has spacial rooms, great view higher up, great breakfast buffer, kindly staff, located only 5 km from center and the public transportation is "next door".

Room Tip: Book early, or through cooperation membership...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We´ve stayed in this hotel twice and the feeling keeps getting better and better. The strength of this hotel is it´s staff. This might be the best staff I´ve encountered including some stays at very good 5 star hotels. As a Priority Club platinum member we were upgraded to a club room and got access to the lounge. The food in the lounge is nothing special but everything is of high quality. Breakfast is good in the lounge although I miss the the omelett that you get downstairs. The rooms are roomy and bright. We actually like the location as the connection to the metro is so easy. The parking is expensive but if you are willing to walk 1 km. you can park for free. Thanks for a great experience at a great value. This is at the moment our nr. 1 choice in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple