Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade
Copenhagen Island Hotel(Copenhagen)
$209
$197
  • Restaurant
First Hotel Mayfair(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$150
$141
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Sct. Thomas(Copenhagen)(Great Value!)
$118
$200
$176
Hotels.com
3,034 results
All reviewsrooms are smallbudget hotelcentral stationfrosted glassminute walktivoli gardenslocker roomshort stayfree wifitrain trackscity centresmall deskrent a bikeluggage storagetivoli hotelplace to sleepan expensive city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This hotel sucked. The location where awful! On one side of the hotel the trains went by every 15 minutes and on the other side where a construction area. Both of these made it impossible to sleep with an open window. If the air condition would've worked this wouldn't have been a problem, but sense it didn't our three nights here was a nightmare! We had to change room all three nights because of the broken AC, even when they put us at the top floor to compensate our crappy nights it still didn't work!
The breakfast wasn't that good either, some dry bread and about 4 different sandwich-spread and some youghurt and cereals.
This was definitley not worth the money!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
WakeupCopenhagen, Manager at Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Thank you for your comments. Of course, we are sorry to read a review like this and it is correct that our neighbour is a construction site. However, the worse part is finished concerning noise and the buildings next to us are almost finalised including a large public garage for our guests. Also, this month we have unfortunately had some trouble with our aircondition during some warm days in Copenhagen, and we have worked very hard with our supplier in order to fix it. It is now working properly again and we are the only 2-star hotel in Copenhagen that provide aircondition. The breakfast is a scandinavian buffet with ham, cheese, Danish pate, cereals, youghurt and different kinds of bread for a price of DKK 60 which we find value-for-money.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

As a solo traveller the room was fine I think perhaps it would be small for two people if I was with my girlfriend as the bed is against the window and you'd have to climb over one another. The room was mostly clean - the pillow as stained from someone else but for the price the fixtures and fittings are good (by price I mean by Copenhaen standards!). There is free internet but breakfast is extra.
I read on here that the construction site was building from 2am. Yes there is a construction site next door to it and I faced it but it started around 7am and was not too noisy for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

Thanks very much for your response. Unfortunately, we do have a construction site next door, but the construction will be finished shortly. What they're building, is the new Tivoli Hotel, which is going to be absolutely fantastic once it is ready. We do our best to keep the noise down and we have double-glazed windows to keep any noise out. We hope to see you again some time.
Kind Regards,

WAKEUP COPENHAGEN

Reviewed July 22, 2010

1. Dishes for the breakfast buffet weren't clean.
2. Rooms weren't cleaned properly.
3. "Free wireless internet" worked only one night out of the 5 I stayed here.
4. When I first arrived (after calling in advance to make sure that I could leave my bags in the storage room before check in time), I was told that the baggage room was full - and that I would have to upgrade to get a room now instead of just leaving my bags in the lobby unattended (where the woman behind the desk assured me that she wouldn't be watching them.) It wasn't enough to upgrade the room for one night - I was forced to upgrade for all 5. At that point, I would have been late for a meeting had a dragged my bags with, or brought them back to the train station to lock them up, so I was forced to upgrade. It was quite a large fee to be able to keep my bags safe.
5. LOUD construction outside the hotel began early in the morning - once at 5:30 am (this was probably the worst part of the whole experience since I had to give a presentation that same day and was completely exhausted). You can hear the trains too - but you get used to that after the first night.
6. Poor poor customer service.
7. Their restaurant is only open for breakfast - closes at 10 am.

The one good thing that I can say is that the room itself (although small) is quite nice & modern (if you can get past all the other problems). Also, it is quite close to the train station and Fisketorvet with a lot of restaurants and shops - as long as you don't mind walking through a construction site to get there.

Basically, if you're traveling for business or a conference - and a good night of sleep and an internet connection are important- DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank lostinDK79

Thanks for your response. I would like to reply to your comments as yourself and future guests may find it helpfull.
1) Our breakfast room is extremely busy. However, all dishes should be clean and I do hope you notified our staff, so they had a chance to remove the dirty dishes.
2) Again, if you find fault with a room, please tell reception so we can make amends or change the room.
3) Unfortunately, we have had trouble with our Internet supplier during the past week. We have done our best to make it work. This has only happend this once and it is working again without fault now. Alternatively, we have stationary computers for our guests to use free of charge.
4) We have luggage rooms, but with 510 rooms in the hotel, we run short once in a while. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that our staff can keep an eye on any luggage left in the lobby as Wakeup is a two star budget hotel and we have limited staff in order to keep the rates as low as possible. Alternatively, the Central Station has lots of luggage rooms and it is within 10 minutes walking distance towards the city centre.
5) I apologise for the noise. We have an agreement with the workers that they shouldn't start work until 9 o'clock. Fortunately, the construction work is coming to an end and the area around us is going to be nice and friendly.
6) Again, Wakeup is a two star budget hotel and our number of staff is limited in order to keep the rates down. Therefore, we cannot offer the same level of service as other 3-4 star hotels, but we always have at least 2 people on duty in the reception area.
7) Yes, we serve beeakfast and only breakfast. It is part of the Wakeup concept to offer bed and breakfast which is exactly what we do. Snacks and sandwishes can be bought 24/7 at reception and the new Tivoli Hotel next door to us offer an evening restaurant 7 days a week.

Kind Regards,

WAKEUP COPENHAGEN

Reviewed July 16, 2010

Hotel is nice when you first walk in, however the rooms are so tiny. We upgraded just to have an extra window to not feel like we were in a closet. There was hair in the bathroom and on the sheets from previous guest. The FREE internet only worked on the computers provided but wireless did not work. The computers are always busy and you have to wait awhile to use them. The airconditioning does not work. I complained about it and was told that it's really only air cooling and never gets cold. I slept with window open hoping to get air but only got bugs in the room and heard construction until 2am out the window.

The hotel is great for young travelers with little luggage and looking for a bed and shower. It's clean!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Hotel is situated at a dead end 10 minutes walk from the station one block from the harbour/canal. Approach is still a building site but there was little noise during our stay. Room clean but small with bed against the window so some-one has to clamber out of the bed in the morning. Adjustable air-con kept the room cool and the shower room was big enough. The glass wall is opaque enough too! Towels were changed if left on the floor as was the soap and shower gel. Bedding was even changed too during our four night stay. The TV has around 65 multi-language channels. Our room looked on to the harbour and Tivoli Hotel (nos x02 to x22) but others overlook the approach to the station. The hotel is one of the taller buildings in Copenhagen so check out the views from the top. I found the best deal on local transport was to buy a 10 clip 3 zone ticket at the airport (DKK185). This gets you to the city then allows you 90 minutes of travel per clip so you can visit a couple of sites per trip. (2 zone is only 60 minutes). Also, there is a single ticket available for a day return to Malmo as a couple (cost about DKK250). At the moment S-trains don't go to Klampenborg - you have to change to a bus because the line is up.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple