“Excellent choice for the money”

Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade
Ranked #37 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Madrid, Spain
“Excellent choice for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

A very clean hotel, good rooms, not a lot of space but exactly what you need, good location, very close to the main train station and close to the attractions. You have bikes outside for rent, that was the best thing to do because allows you to go around the city faster than walking and able to stop in every place. Excellent wifi at the hotel and A/C in every room (in Europe that is a plus).

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the train station are quieter and with less noise from the trains.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Praestoe, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Upon entering Hotel Wakeup's reception the idle receptionist told me that I had to book the room through the internet. Thereafter she pointed me toward the hotel's computers which are in a room that at the time was filled with backpacker types. None of the computers not used by the backpackers were "on" and it took 5-7 minutes to get one of them started. At that time I was considering findiing another Hotel but regrettably I persevered. After another 5 minutes I finally managed to book a room. Back at the receptionist I got the keycard and asked if I could get a wake up call early next morning. That was not possible because there are no telephones in the rooms and because it is not in the staff's job description to knock on the guests' doors. The room was ok but breakfast was not included. I couldn't get an invoice when leaving next morning and I didn't get one via the internet. Conclusion: I'll never again stay in Hotel Wakeup!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Peter W
Egefjord, Direktør at Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Peter,
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us.
Since we are an online based hotel our receptionist only wanted to advise you where to get the best rate. Online you can save up to DKK 200,- per night instead of making the reservation at the front desk. We are sorry if this was not clear and you got the impression our staff was unwilling to help you. It is correct that there are no phones in the rooms and only emergency phones available on each floor, and it is therefore correct that we are unable to offer personal wakeup service.
At the hotel we offer free wireless as well as we have 6 computers in our lounge area.
Regarding breakfast our guests can decide when booking on our own website if it should be incl. or excluding, but some online agencies are only excl. and there you prepay to them directly and get an invoice from them.
Since you where unable to receive an invoice upon departure this must have been the case.
We hope this did clarify your concerns.
Kind regards, Team Wakeup
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a good basic hotel, modern and fresh styling. Rooms are OK, not that big but very functional. Beds are good, shower is good. Stayed here twice now, if you are looking for an affordable hotel in Copenhagen, this is a good choice. Near a large shopping mall with plenty of (basic) restaurants, lots of shops and a cinema.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Janpeterweethetbeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We arrived tired and a bit early at this hotel but the friendly reception staff were v welcoming and checked us in early. The room was for my husband and I as well as (tall) 12 year old son. It felt quite crowded when we were in there together but it is well designed. Located close to central station from where we travelled to Bornholm Island it was really handy. Atmospheric Tivoli Gardens was nearby too. We loved hiring the hotel bikes and particularly enjoyed riding along the waterfront near the hotel. Some trendy restaurants are close in the old meat packing area. We had a ball!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Rachie132
Whistler, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed at the hotel on August 3rd and 4th 2014. Their service is lacking to say the least- they acted like they were irritated by assisting myself and my colleagues- sure we're Canadians and don't speak the language (which wasn't an issue- everyone is fluent in English) but each person who helped us, even people wearing "supervisor" nametags, just treated us like we were annoying them. Service wasn't fast (there could be a line-up and two people working at the desk and the second person wouldn't assist the others in the line up). The fact that there isn't a restaurant or bar in the hotel is inconvenient and it's not overly close to other places to eat. The rooms were very clean but if you don't like small spaces- this isn't the place for you. Their approach to small rooms is done well, but I stayed in a double room and if it was more than just me, it would have been too small. For a place that is aimed a the business traveller, it's time to replace your irons and ironing board covers- they're gross!!! I would rather wear wrinkled clothes than but my things anywhere near your two little ironing board in the basement??? If you change one thing- do that. They're GROSS. I feel your approach to accommodation and maximizing your space is really unique and a good business to be in but you have a lot of room for improvement. For starters, put your front desk staff through some service training and maybe implement a system where people can sign out an iron and ironing board that is CLEAN.

Room Tip: Book the largest type of room to make sure you can move about comfortably.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I booked this hotel months before my trip and got a very good rate for Hotels in Denmark (usually expensive). £80 per night for my weeks stay. Its just my sort of hotel, very modern and well designed. Not large rooms, but spacious enough for me with a great shower. Everything in the room was well designed and carefully thought thru - no silly extras that you don't need.Free wifi everywhere and only 10 minutes walk from the Central Station/city. The buffet breakfast (typical continental) was excellent value and although for some might seem limited in choices (i.e not Sausages,Bacon, eggs etc.). Great value at £8 (70 Kroners). However the juices, fresh fruit, cereals, breads, cheese, hams and boiled eggs were all of good quality (unlike so many hotels).

Everything was made easy, no queues, and the staff were always helpful. This hotel is only supposed to be a 2 star - but frankly seemed more like a 4 star to me, as met all my needs perfectly. I had been lucky with the weather, and it was very hot all week - very glad that the A/C in the room worked really well.

Room Tip: Upgrading to a higher room, and being able to check in early was only £10 per night, and well worth...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank lesleywalsh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Before going on honeymoon we stayed a few days to enjoy the city with close family. Were all stayed in wakeup Copenhagen. We choosed it because of easy parking, easy access and functionality. The price is fair. Rooms are clean, and here's a tip get room with even number. Example 320\322\324.. Then you will get room to quite side and not train side.

Parking is 20Dkk in hour, after 7 hours you get 24 hrs ticket so its 140 DKK.

Another tip, go from hotel toward the Black Diamond and sail with water bus!! Its cheap and fast!

We will back for sure, we appreciate that we are in control and everything works so we don't need contact with staff, we just deal our selves!

Thanks!