“Perfect hotel for long weekend in Copenhagen”

Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was recommend this hotel by my danish friend who is local to Copenhagen. It only takes less than 30 minutes from airport to central station and you are right in the centre of the city.
We didnt have to use any public transport apart from the train back to the airport.
We only had breakfast one morning and the price was ok and choice was wide.
I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stellainengland
Write a ReviewReviews (2,969)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I recently stayed for 5 nights at the Wake Up Copenhagen hotel. The positives are that the rooms are modern and clean, very basic and convenient if you are attending a conference at the Tivoli (which is the reason I was staying there). The breakfast is basic, usually ham and / or salami, processed cheese, breads, cereals and a bit of fruit - it's pretty pricey for what you get, however there is simply no where in the immediate vicinity to eat. The negatives are that you are stuck away from the main part of town, at night I felt uncomfortable walking around as it's very quiet and there is no where to grab a quick coffee or snack. So it's a real budget hotel, no frills at all. One thing that annoyed me was on checking out the baggage storage which you pay for was full - so I had to take my luggage to the main train station to store which was more expensive. However, it did mean that I was close to the train for departure and didn't have to hike back to the hotel to get my luggage. I wouldn't stay here again unless I was attending a conference, mainly the location is a problem.

Room Tip: A room away from the train lines facing the river is probably quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Wakeup Copenhagen would be mediocre value for the price if it were anywhere else but expensive Denmark. Being as it is in the Danish capital it was relatively decent value.

First of all the location is somewhat convenient in that it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the main train station. Unfortunately it is in an area where there is nothing - no restaurants, bars, nothing. (There is a small electric bus that goes to the central station from a neighbouring hotel).

I'd heard this hotel was based somewhat on the Easyhotel budget model and there are some similarities. However, I don't think it is accurate. The rooms here at WUC are more spacious than any of the three easyhotels I've stayed in. Also in contrast to easyhotels WUC offers free Wifi, TV, a free internet room on the ground floor, and a restaurant - breakfast is extra.

The double bed was good and firm but the pillow was way too soft. Fortunately, I discovered an extra pillow (and duvet) in the drawer under the bed.

The bath"room" was modern with a good functioning shower.

In order to use the hairdryer, TV, or lift you needed to use your hotel "keycard". As a regular at hotels like this I didn't need to be informed of this but the receptionists probably ought to as I encountered one guest who was wondering why some things didn't work.

Speaking of the receptionists the only one I encountered was friendly though you don't really encounter them much as the reception area is well to the right of the entrance whilst the lifts are to the left. Even check-out can be done on computer without speaking to anyone.

There is no option to pay cash on arrival here - like easyhotels - as your credit card is charged upon booking. My bill worked out to the equivalent of $213 US or 128 British pounds for two nights. As I said at the top that's a lot but for Copenhagen it is good for a clean, modern, centrally located hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew9
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I decided to come to Copenhagen for a weekend with literally 2 days notice ahead of time. I knew nothing about the city before arriving, so I had to search online to find the right hotel to match my needs and my budget. Wake up seemed like the best choice, so I booked it. When I arrived at central station, it took me 5 minutes to walk to the hotel, which was extremely convenient. Upon checking in, the staff was friendly and helpful. I took the elevator up to my warm room, which was very appealing considering how cold it was outside. I had a single small room, which was indeed very small but perfect for me. After settling in I went back out to explore the city. The hotel is located near to many restaurants, bars and cafes as well as main attractions such as Tivoli. My entire 3 night stay here was fabulous and for the price in the land of Everything's-expensive-in-Denmark it was a great value! It had a TV with cable and WIFI in the room. Recommended!

One thing to keep in mind:

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank lmariec09
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel was very clean and modern. The person at the reception desk was very friendly and even recommended a great place to get dinner. Great location, we were able to walk basically everywhere. Great place to stay few a few days in Copenhagen.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Clean and new place. The bed is really good but the pillows are just not ok. There is no privacy on the toilet so just book this room if you are very familiar with the person you are sharing the room with.

There was no noisy on the room, neither from outside or from the rooms next to us. The staff was always very kind and helpful. The check in was all done using a machine on the entrance (optional) and it was great experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

When I cose WakeUp Copenhagen I was a bit skeptical because it was just a 2* hotel and because of that rates were really lower than other hotels.
From the first moment inside I had to change my mind and thought I had made a great deal!
The check in can be made automaticly with a pc but receptionists are very fast and kind.
The room is small but very comfortable and perfectly designed to satisfy a short stay.
The breakfast was really good and quite various,
to conclude I really recommend this structure to all of those who want to visit Copenhagen staying in a very good hotel without wasting their money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Mattia V