“Best steak in town.”

Ranked #88 of 2,531 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Danish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: MASH – Modern American Steak House offers something completely new –a sophisticated modern american steakhouse with a twist of danish informal eating and drinking. The idea is to deliver an authentic steak dinner with lots of flavour served in very nice designed surroundings.MASH – Modern American Steakhouse – A sincere approach to elegant and refined dining set in relaxed and comfortable surroundings. We present a culinary pleasure and experience that will captivate the senses. The contemporary design of the restaurant is aesthetically pleasing on the eye, as are the outstanding meat cuts on offer.We welcome you to the MASH adventure.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been to the MASH (ModernAmericanSteakHouse) restaurants a few times, both the one in Copenhagen and the one in the airport (and I believe they have about 3-4 more) and every time I walk away with the same experience which is overall good.

Plus: Great steaks. Great condiments. Good atmosphere. Friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable service (on the steak side, not so much on the wine side) from the waiters.

Negatives: Almost only steak on the menu (but hey, then don’t go here!), a bit noisy and some times a so so service as yesterday where one of the quite pretty blonde waitresses has an attitude as if waiting on tables is beneath her (hey, get another job!).

I would say that the service scores high purely because 9 out of 10 of the waiters are smiling, welcoming and trying! And you can’t beat their steaks! I will go again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Steaks in this place are lovely and the service is friendly and professional. We (party of 2) did not have a booking, but phoned ahead on Saturday. The staff said that there weren't any tables available, which didn't surprise me, considering that my trip to Copenhagen was scheduled at last minute. However, we were encouraged to go in anyway and got seated next to the bar facing the street. It was perfectly fine. Absolutely loved Mash.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Big money for a steak - we spent over $500 for 4 people. If you can wait until you get home, then wait. If you can't wait the steaks are very tasty.
Outrageous wine list and pricing.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I rarely choose to eat at a steak house as they are expensive and all about the same. I had the Danish dry aged ribeye which was fantastic. The sides were excellent. Pricey as steak houses go. Why eat here in Copenhagen? Predictable like an American steak house.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Externally, this restaurant doesn't look like it would be of the expensive variety and maybe we should have checked the prices a bit more carefully before we went in but we were pretty shocked by the size of the bill when it came. One example being about £5 for an average size side dish of fries - I mean, how much does what amounts to 1 chopped up deep fried potato really cost?

The food was of a high standard but nothing incredibly special - it's just steak at the end of the day. The service was great too but we were placed next to a loud pair in a fairly empty restaurant (to begin with) which was a bit off-putting.

Go there if you're loaded, it's very nice but steer well clear if you want value for money. I know this review makes me sound cheap but I've eaten at some very upmarket places before and paid a lot less for better food.