“Nice burgers, friendly atmosphere and great vibe.”
Review of Sporvejen

Sporvejen
Ranked #44 of 2,378 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Copenhagen
“Nice burgers, friendly atmosphere and great vibe.”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I went there coming out of a meeting with a fire in my belly and a craving for a burger. I was not dissapointed. Located on the absolutely lovely and charming Gråbrødre Square in the center of Copenhagen. The square is dominated by a large and beautiful Yggdrasil-esque tree and has a number of eateries with by and large look very good. I had made my choice however.
Its quite simple. You get burgers of a variety and thats it. I choose the bacon cheese and added some fries on the side. To sum it up. Great and fresh, trimmed down burger - none of the fancy stuff - just plain old good. The meat was lean and made to perfection. Fries were excellent, spiced in a wonderful way - and I found myself wanting the portion to be bigger. Service was friendly - mostly students, luckily bright ones. I recommend the place for its simplicity and the great location. Next time it will be a double frie session and a pint of beer to go. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank Allan N

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Went for a quick cheese-bacon-bacon burger with a colleague before a preview on the Danish movie "Dirch".

The service was fine and the taste of the burger was also ok. The reason I'm ending up the "2 bullets" is the partially raw minced meat in the middle of the beef.

If "Sporvejen" was able to avoid partially raw meat - I would end up at "3 bullets".

• Visited August 2011
Brisbane, Australia
“Not the best burger in town - but a fantastic venue”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Sporvejen, a good memory from my childhood - we where there on a wunderful sunny evening in Copenhagen. The area is one of the best for sitting out-side - a true gem in Copenhagen. And the restaurant has not changed. Inside still made like an old tram. And out side 10-12 tables. An informal place that only serves burgers. However, I was not impressed by the burgers - the meat was not juicy or tender. And there was a lack of taste. The fries were sad as well. The Advocado/Gucamole on my Burger was nice though. Since this is the only thing they serve, they should be able to compete on the food - but no. And the server, looked very tired. I'm hestiant to recommend this place for the food, but for the location - yes go there and get a beer.

• Visited May 2011
Herning, Denmark
“Fine burgers, but they have to excercise to make their french fries better v(they are to boring). But better than the...”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Fine burgers, but they have to excercise to make their french fries better v(they are to boring). But better than the "golden seagold".

Farmington, Connecticut
“Good food, cheap in comparison!”
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Our first evening in Copenhagen, we walked around looking at menus being shocked how expensive it all was. Plus, I'm a vegetarian, and that limited our options. Tired, our feet aching after a long day, we finally stumbled upon this place. The menu is limited to burgers, chicken and omelets, but the service was good, and we were pleased with the price. We did not actually go inside, but sat at an outside table, where they had blankets for those who caught a chill. We were quite satisfied with this find.