“Danish at it´s best”

Koebenhavner Cafeen
Ranked #238 of 2,308 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Uppsala, Sweden
“Danish at it´s best”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We had both lunch and dinner at this very danish restaurant. At lunch we had "smörrebröd", which we made ourselves from a tray full of different things such as herring, salmon etc. Very delicious. Another day we had dinner, likewise excellent. The calfsliver was top notch !
Staff very becoming.
This is a restaurant you should visit if you like real danish traditional food.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Christer H

Montreal, Canada
“Danish delight”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Taken here by Danish friends shortly before Christmas so we were able to enjoy some of the Danish specialties for the time of year. It has also come recommended by numerous colleagues as well. The atmosphere is homey and comfortable and the prices are reasonable - for Copenhagen. Certainly an opportunity to try typical Danish cooking.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Garnet C
“Traditional Danish”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I didn't plan to go to this restaurant but was looking for something danish to eat. We walked in the cold and found this place. It's very close to the shopping area.

We ordered the platter - 198 dkk each person. Came with alot of food.

I like it since the decor is very traditional danish. The experience I am looking for.
Food was okie, mainly since I haven't had alot of Danish food before and that's new to me. From the platter you got open sandwiches (herring and salmon), chicken salad, pork loin and meat ball, deep fried plaice (in lard!!! - you can taste it) and some cheese. We were quite proud of ourselves that we (sort of) finished the food.

We had some snaps/bitters before and after the meal: also had 1.5 pint beer and the bill was 604 dkk.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank XtinaY
Malmö,Sweden
“Danish Specialty”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We had reserved a table to 19.30 on a friday but got there a little bit early, luckily for us we could be seated.

The waiter explained a little bit about the various dishes on the menu. I decided I to try the Danish Specialty. The dish comes with a total of 7 various small things like marinated herring, fried fish fillet, home marinated salmon with dressing and toast,
roast pork, Danish meatballs, salad of chicken, and cheese.

The interior was rustic with red walls with many photographs on the wall. All the guests here seemed very happy, I think it have to do with all the beers consumed.

We tried some Danish liquor that was very strong, the funny thing was they came in with a entire bottle and we drank how much we wanted. Of course they measured this when it was time to get the bill.

The food was very differnt that I´m used to in sweden, especially their meatballs that was enormous. Here 2 of them are enough.

I plan to make another visit the next time I come in the Copenhagen for a late dinner.

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank Kallander
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in town!”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I often visit Copenhagen, and everytime there is one place I make shure to go; Kobenhavnercafeen!
The food is amazing, well made and plentifull, the staff are kind and entertaining and the restaurant itself could be a museum had it not been a restaurant!
The prices are ok (some might even say cheap for Copenhagen!), and the authentic atmosphere is one of a kind!
A must see when you are in Copenhagen!

I see one of the reviewers had a bad experience, this does not comply with my general idea of this place, perhaps you misunderstood the waitor? Perhaps all the other tables were reserved?

1 Thank Chshe81