Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Hey Captain tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Copenhagen
from $61.73
from $14.66
from $31.64
from $49.18
More Info
All reviews rosé small boat canal tour hour tour ask questions private tour hidden gems tour larger boats comfy boat great trip longer tour small group tourist boats great boat great hour highly recommend this tour these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We had pre booked this river cruise before leaving but ended up being late by a good 15 minutes and missed the boat. They got us on the next boat - no problem and even got us a taxi as we were a bit uncomfortable with the time remaining to get to the cruise. Friendly and professional. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I warmly recommend Hey Captain as a way to cruise the canal in a relaxed and fun atmosphere while learning interesting facts about different buildings and areas. I’m a local Danish Copenhagener. I’ve done loads of the standard grand tours of the canal with the biggest boat company Strömma. It’s a nice tour but Hey Captain is so much better! I had my aunt and her 9 year old son visiting from the US and I booked a 1 hour landmark tour for us. We were together with a nice German family of three and their dog! Our cool Captain was Lauren - she was great! Made sure we got to know one another before we boarded the boat, learning our names and asking if there was something specific we wanted to see. The boat is comfortable with cushions to sit on, a table and they even have complimentary drinks. What’s great about Hey Captain and what we really felt with Lauren is that it’s so relaxed and doesn’t feel rehearsed and repeated. William my 9 year old cousin could ask all sorts of questions and Lauren was so good with him and full of patience. She even let him be the captain for a good amount of time and helped him steer in the right directions making sure he knew what to look out for. All in all it was an amazing tour and my aunt and cousin said it was the highlight of their day. I myself work in the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen hotel and I have already told my team in reception to recommend Hey Captain to all our guests!!

1  Thank Mvee85
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

If you don’t want to deal with a long walking tour but rather sip some beer on a boat and listen to insightful stories about Copenhagen, this is the right tour for you. It’s intimate, fun, and it was great getting to know more people in the boat .
I recommend this tour for anyone

Reviewed 4 days ago

Our group of six took our tour on a beautiful afternoon in July with Frederick as Captain. He was delightful and the tour was. fantastic. The boat is the perfect size for a small more intimate tour of the harbor and canals. It is the best harbor tour in Copenhagen.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We did the 5 hour canal tour with Stefan. It was just our family of 4. It was very personal and were able to get slot of info about Copenhagen. He finds out what you like and bases his tour on you. We stopped at a small wine shop which was great. The lunch stop was also nice. This company and our captain really go out of their way to make your experience individual. 100% better then getting on the over crowded tour boats! It is more money but worth it. Thanks Stefan for a great tour!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I visited Copenhagen for the first time and absolutely loved our canal tour with hey captain. The experience guide and boat was A+ and it is definitely not to be missed!