“Best hotel we stayed at”
Review of Nimb Hotel

Nimb Hotel
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I recently spent 4 nights at Nimb Hotel with my daughter as part of a month long sojourn in UK and Europe. We voted Nimb our favourite because of its location, luxurious furnishings, superior staff attention and most of all the world class vegetarian options on its restaurant menu.

We already thought it was worth the price but were even more pleased when on arrival we were upgraded to a suite.

We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011
There are newer reviews for Nimb Hotel

Reviewed December 29, 2010

We had the most wonderful 4 night stay at the Nimb Hotel over thanksgiving. The hotel is extremely expensive and we were worried that it would not live up to our expectations but we were not disappointed. The rooms and common areas of the hotel were lovely, especially the bar with its enormous high ceilings and fireplace. Our room looked over the Tivoli Gardens which at this time of year is like a winter wonderland with none of the excess noise that we had read about on previous posts. It is the intangibles that make this hotel so special. We would have the fire lit in our room each afternoon and enjoy the complimentary bottle of red wine that appeared each day-it felt more like being in a ski lodge. Yes, the restaurants are pricey but the adjoining bakery is a great choice for a cheap breakfast.
The only negative comment relates to noise from the construction of a rather large building next door, but hopefully this is a temporary inconvenience. I hope that we will be lucky enough to stay at the Nimb again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I had never been to CPH and booked the Nimb due to the overwhelming negative reviews of the D'angleterre. Nimb exceed my expectations and for a five night stay provided a gracious, warm and friendly environment to return to each day. My room, with queen bed, was comfortable and unusually large. It was really a small suite and was not much different at all from the suite booked by my colleague who would have traded rooms gladly. The only difference seemed to be the size of the bed. We arrived around 10 a.m. and Christian graciously offered us our rooms well before the formal checkin time. I was concerned by other reviewers' comments about the bath and shower, but they were more than sufficient, they were a pleasure to use and as comfortable and well designed as my own at home. Television was nice with ample options for viewing in English and the free wifi was easy to use and did not require constant fidgeting or complicated log in procedures after each use, as is the case in many other hotels. The Tivoli was closed during our stay, and this was probably a good thing. I am not sure if I would like the high level of activity right outside my window every night despite the insulated glass. The owners have obviously spent a lot of money on this property and it shows. The bed was above-average comfortable and both sitting area and bathroom had lovely mature live orchid plants which were immediately changed as soon as flowers began to wilt. That level of detail and attention were evident throughout our stay with regard to lodging. Early one morning around 5 a.m., unable to sleep, I called downstairs and asked if my fireplace could be lit and the night porter was at my door in less than 5 minutes with logs and matches and an offer of coffee or tea. He seemed actually delighted that I wanted the fire.

My colleague staying in the adjacent room was also hesitant to book this hotel as he prefers large five-star hotels with all amenities but he was pleasantly surprised, although he was disappointed the room had no area rugs to break up the vast expanse of waxed hardwood and make the surrounding a bit more warm. To be fair, his room was decorated in a colder, more minimal style. That is the hazard in a hotel where all the rooms are not cookie-cutter duplicates. Luck of the draw. He did comment on the gracious and attentive staff.

Our rooms were next door to the bar and I was surprised that despite events in the bar each evening, the place is so well built that we never heard a thing. The bar was quite nice, and also quite expensive (but no more so than other CPH hotel bars).

The drawbacks. The location. It is quite safe and you would never know the train station is across the street, but it is a bit remote. I had no problem making the 15 minute walk to the luxury area of Stroget but a companion not accustomed to walking felt bit stranded and a taxi is definitely required for a non-walker to get to, say, the D'angleterre or Royal Cafe or Hermes. The hotel no longer has the much talked about dairy. We were told it was too expensive to maintain. The included breakfast was good and as substantial as one wishes it to be. The other restaurant offerings, however, need work (see separate reviews) and I was not impressed. The "gourmet hot dogs" adored by other reviewers did no please this palate. I would have preferred the hot dog truck in front of City Hall. I found the Brasserie OK, but limited in flavor profiles and options (in a word, the menu tries too hard) and I found the dining experience at Herman annoying and at best mediocre for its class. I am told Denmark's beloved queen dines there but as I am not familiar with her taste I can only assume she has different standards than I. Save your money and splash out on a Michelin star restaurant elsewhere in the city. I'd gladly go back to Noma, but not Herman.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank amhjr
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I had read about Nimb and decided to splurge and spend two nights here; I could not be more pleased. Location wise it is incredible. You take the train from the airport to the Central Station walk out the doors, cross the street and you are there. It is walking to absolutely everything; Copenhagen is small enough you can walk everywhere. You can also go in and out Tivoli, the most enchanting amusement park I have ever been to. It was all decorated for Halloween and it was always full.

The hotel and its staff are beyond compare. Everything you read is true. The room was lovely, as was the bathroom. Since it is only 13 rooms, there are plans to expand, there is no big staff in the lobby but the front door people double and can direct you to any where you want. For breakfast they have food out, with wonderful fresh breads, and you can order what you want and the Chef will cook it. It has a grand bar with a drink menu to rival any I have seen anywhere in the World.

I highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I travel often and I have stayed at many different hotels. Here, they got everything just right!
I am rather picky, the room was very large, very well decorated, in great shape and so nice, I didn't want to leave. The hotel has a very elegant yet comfortable feeling to it without being "stuffy".
The bathroom is large and has excellent Molton Brown amenities but not just shampoo, conditioner & soap. There is enough counter space for your own cosmetic case.
I enjoyed my stay and have no complaints at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We spent 3 nights at the Nimb recently. I picked the hotel based on the prevailing understanding that it is the only true high end boutique hotel in the city.
First of all, I was very surprised by the location when the the cab dropped me off. The entrance is directly across the street from the central train station. Therefore, the area is loud, busy and a bit seedy. It is not in the beautiful part of Copenhagen. In addition, the location is not convenient to the center of the city. It's a bit out of the way.
Secondly, I had called to make dinner arrangements for each night. I discovered later that none of the reservations were made. They did try had to correct the situation and covered our wine cost for one dinner. Cosidering the hotel only has 13 room, and considering the close to $700 room price they are charging, I would have expected much service.
Thirldly, there is a big bar on the same level as the rooms. It attracted people from out side of the hotel. When the bar guests leave, they actually have to pass the rooms. One night, the foot steps were so lound (as if people were jumping), the lamp on the night stand shook. That was in the middle of the night
Having said that, I think the hotel is beautifully decorated and very chic. Restaurant Herman was excellent.
However, I don't think the price/value is there due to the poor location, and the fact that one does not feel you are in an exclusive hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank burma1000
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We had two nights in Copenhagen at the end of a cruise. We chose the Nimb because of its location on the edge of the Tivoli gardens, and also because we knew that we'd be able to have excellent food without leaving the hotel. The service was excellent - when we arrived before our room was ready, we were given complimentary breakfast - and our six-year-old daughter was made to feel just as welcome as we were. Dinner in the Brasserie was excellent, and vegetarians (including small ones) were catered for without any problem. Copenhagen is an expensive city, and this is reflected in the price of the hotel. But if we're lucky enough to return, we wouldn't hesitate to book the Nimb again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family