“Love this hotel....”
Review of Nimb Hotel

Nimb Hotel
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Yes it's expensive - but this is Denmark. I've stayed here twice and both times the rooms have been gorgeous - beautifully furnished and incredibly comfortable with a stunning view of Tivoli gardens. This does mean it's noisy - particularly on a Friday or Saturday night in summer when there's a concert/fireworks - but given how good humoured and wholesome the atmosphere is even at eleven at night it seems churlish to complain. Our young children and elderly mother in law were all made very welcome, despite the more-fashionable-than-life-itself demeanour of the staff. The breakfast buffet is lovely - fresh, seasonal and beautifully presented.

2  Thank Liza T

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Could not have had a nicer room. Large with shower and huge separate tub. Bed is very comfortable and there are blackout curtains (necessary in summer). The bar and restaurants are very good, in fact, the queen lunched there during our stay! The staff gave us directions and suggestions that were right on. Being able to access the gardens wlithout hassle or admission was a big plus. The only negative was that the bandstand is 100 yrds away and the booming can shake you out of bed! The huge iPod/iphone docking stereo provided enough volume to drown out the band which did stop before midnight.

Room Tip: Only17 rooms and all seem to front the garden.
3  Thank Jud C
Reviewed July 21, 2013

check in: Wow room ready at 9.30am and great ideas given for the day. Awesome desk top info and weather tips
Location: with an 18yo and 21yo how could we go wrong almost 12 hours in Tivoli reliving their childhood visit tick tick (while I took a break)

Breakfast: Only a continental was the look, but it was the best continental breakfast we have ever consumed. jam and yoghurt out of this world.

Lunch and dinner: Brasserie was Ok, mussles were supeb, but Kahler in the gardens was spot on...

Room: what i was expecting for the $$ and no real noise issue, ok "kids" were in the park until close but no noise at all until I opened the windows and saw the "fredags rock" being set up. Apparently i got the wrong night ? ;)

Stay again.. yep.. boutique is my kinda place

Room Tip: Don't sneeze when over the pool button ;)
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have lived and traveled all over the world staying in high end hotels. At first, I was impressed with the design of the hotel. Yes, the rooms and decor are fantastic. I was a bit put off by the manager who seemed quite arrogant but blew that off at first. We realized there would be noise staying right at Trivoli amusement park, but assumed there would be air condition to block out the noise since this was a high end hotel. The park is open until 11pm and is loud with clean up until at least 12am. Then, the new cleaning, repair and landscaping crews start at 4am. The rooms are incredibly stuffy and the only way you will have any air is if you open the windows. I guess this hotel is fine if you plan on not sleeping at all or if it's the dead of winter and you don't want any air in your room. When we called down to the manager at 11pm he was so rude and suggested that any compensation regarding this issue 'wouldn't fix the air condition issue'. I have honestly never experienced such poor customer service from a manager. The next morning we spoke with several guests at breakfast and we asked 'did you have trouble sleeping' and they ALL went off about how stuffy the rooms were and how ridiculous it is to not have AC at an amusement park location. When you stay at an airport or an amusement park shouldn't you assume there will be AC if you are paying $900 a night!! This place is DEFINITELY not worth the money.

19  Thank erin g
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Nimb is one of those hotels you need to experience if you want to make a visit to Copenhagen as memorable as possible. Its biggest assets are its uniqueness and style. Although it is 5 star in terms of amenities and price, it is unusual in terms of its scale (only 17 rooms for a major, centrally located luxury hotel) and its location. From the front, you enter off one of the busiest and least attractive streets in Copenhagen, directly across from the main train station that disgorges commuters and tourists around the clock, so it's quite a shock to go from the frenzy of the street to the Moroccan-inspired calm and elegance of the lobby. The other surprise is the location of the rooms, where your windows open to the Tivoli Gardens (guests at the Nimb enter Tivoli for free, whenever they want). The windows are thick enough to be quiet at night, and the views are great - especially of the lights in the evening and the fireworks on summer Fridays. We really enjoyed the casual elegance of the rooms, which are a bit small but very comfortable. It was also nice to have the tasty Anderson Bakery downstairs. Finally, the complimentary breakfast buffet was stylish and peaceful, as you can sit in the outside terrace facing Tivoli before the park opens each morning, which is an inspiring plan to plan the day. Drawbacks: the air conditioning is centrally managed so you can't adjust it if you don't like the room temperature, and for the price of the rooms, they should include the bikes (which are gorgeous and sturdy) without extra charge.

Room Tip: Corner rooms such as #1 have windows on two sides facing different parts of the Tivoli Gardens
2  Thank art_traveler_13
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's hard to spend 500$+ on a hotel if you are a global traveler and get a terrible nights rest, unless you stay at this hotel. Normally hotels in this part of the world do not have air con and you can open the windows and enjoy the fresh air which is very nice. This hotel is the exception as It's right on an amusement park , if your room is hot and you want air flow you have to listen to screaming people and roller coasters.

I cannot recommend this hotel less. It is a tourist trap with the classic battle between design and function won by design, which you pay for but get no service/ function in return. The architects fleeced the hotel group into a beautiful design that you cannot sleep in but get lured into due to the beauty. Noise pollution in the rooms, extremely hi prices , stagnant air flow, window shades provide no block out from the sun. The staff is arrogant as well, one if the junior staffers had the audacity to lecture us on all the things Obama is doing wrong In the white house.

The Danish complacency model is in full effect at this hotel where you have no parking, and no help was offered me with the luggage.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
11  Thank bdoggiedog
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Some of the comments below may seem minor - however I feel justified in highlighting them... If you are going to charge $700 USD plus for a hotel room for a single night then it has to be perfect in every concievable way.
On the plus side the ground floor room we had (Suite 1) was lovely - well laid out, high quality furnishings and decor. However the balcony is next to the main access stairs to the Hotel from the Tivoli gardens and as a consequence we were we constantly finding ourselves being closely observed and waved at by each person who walked into the hotel - when I say closely observed they could literally lean across and touch us ....not very comfortable and zero privacy.

I had arrived to meet my wife late as I had driven down from Oslo - firstly the car access to the hotel is awful - I found myself half parking on the sidewalk / cycle path with angry cyclists giving me dirty looks every few minutes. I assumed that - given I was paying $700USD a night - there would be someone who would park the car for me. There was not. I was directed to the Radisson Blu hotel carpark which is round the corner - it took me two attempts to find it in heavy traffic. A stressful experience and not one that I needed after driving for 5 hours. The carpark was closed and I had to call the Nimb to find out what was going on. Apparently the guy who opens the doors had just wandered off. Overall it took 30 mins to park my car and return to the hotel in a very bad mood. We had planned on watching a film in the room and ordering room service ... which we found does not exist after 11pm ....but they could make us a ham and cheese sandwich.... what????? Really??? No room service after 11pm? For $700USD a night?

We left early the next morning and continued our trip staying the following night in an excellent hotel with none of the above problems for half the price.

I am used to paying $700USD for excellent hotels - in fact I don't mind it all when its worth it. At the Nimb I felt stupid for having payed this - its simply a rip off and the irritation I felt at being 'had' during my stay ruined our trip to Copenhagen. Its a nice hotel with warm and lovely staff but its worth half this price at best. Do not waste your money - stay elsewhere and move on to a City that doesnt rip your eyeballs out.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Suite 1
5  Thank Trevor F