Nimb Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Scandic Webers(Copenhagen)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewstivoli gardensrock concertamusement parkinside tivolibrasserie restaurantdouble sinksfree entrybeautiful boutique hotelcorner suitemodern amenitiesbeautiful roomjunior suitesmall hoteltrain stationnespresso machineamazing hotelbaltic cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had five nights at Nimb in room 1, which abuts a restaurant next door. The room was fine generally although the collection / disposal of empty bottles from said restaurant at about 7 each morning was not ideal - but not in the overall scheme of things a major negative is it lasted only about ten minutes per time. In a hot summer the room may be more of a problem with windows open although again there are three windows and only one faces the restaurant. Perhaps though when booking specify a room one or two removed from number 1.
Staff were very helpful and attentive including arranging visits and dinner reservations and advice on trips / sites.
The train station opposite although out of site in the hotel and unable to be heard was excellent for visits outside Copenhagen. The abutting Tivoli Gardens was exciting and charming at night.
We dined at Herman and it was excellent - food, wine and service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fairbutselective
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a Denmark/France trip on occasion of a friend's wedding in Denmark. For comparative purposes, we stayed 2 nights at the Nimb; 2 nights at Bromoelle Kro in Denmark, site of the wedding; 4 nights at Hostellerie de Plaisance in St. Emilion, France; and 2 nights at the Hotel de Vendome in Paris.

We absolutely loved the Nimb. I had reservations since there's no A/C and I'm always hot, but the cooler September temps and open windows late at night let me peacefully sleep. The hotel is an unusual design on the exterior, but the interior is quintessentially Danish design with a nice mixture of clean modern lines and comfort. Our Room 12 was very nice, a junior suite with a wonderfully comfortable bed and lovely sitting area, as well as a sizable bath. The shower did tend to leak water out a bit onto the smooth bath floor, but otherwise we found the room amenities to be excellent. We had a fantastic view looking right out into Tivoli.

Some have complained about noise from Tivoli. Except for our Friday night stay, we didn't have any problems as we didn't retire until 11 pm or so after the park had closed down. On Friday night, though, there was a HUGE concert right outside our room--even with the windows closed, it was noticeable. For us, however, it was quite impressive and very entertaining--something of a classic Copenhagen experience, getting very nice seats to a Danish pop musical performance (even though we had no idea who was performing!). By midnight, the show was over and the noise wasn't an issue. And then we went to bed!

We also had dinner at Restaurant Herman in the hotel with another friend. We had tried unsuccessfully to secure a reservation months before at the famous Noma, so we settled on Herman based on Danish friends' recommendations. Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Herman was fantastic. We had a VERY good meal, one that certainly surpassed our expectations even with its Michelin star. We HIGHLY recommend it...and would gladly dine there again were we back in Copenhagen. The pre-fixe menu (we chose 4 courses) (with the finest wine pairings) was extraordinary, and the presentation was about as unique and impressive as any meal we've ever had. I normally don't even eat some of the items on the menu (such as oysters), but they were prepare/incorporated in such a way that I found them delicious. My licorice dessert of some sort looked quite unusual, but paired with the matched Sauternes was one of the most amazing desserts I've ever had. I will never forget it.

We would absolutely stay at the Nimb should our travels ever bring us back to Copenhagen. Service was first-rate, and the hotel matched expectations as if we were staying at any top drawer 5 star boutique property in any major city worldwide. (I don't use spas, it should be noted, so that could be an issue for others!) Bravo, Nimb!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Bill R
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I reserved a room at the Nimb before we began a Baltic cruise in Copenhagen. We experienced world-class service from the moment we were welcomed by the staff until our check out. We were provided an upgraded room with a beautiful view of the Tivoli Gardens. Our accomodations were beautifully decorated in a very sophisticated contemporary style and the bathroom was large and elegant. Our room was wired with the cutting edge technology that was user friendly. We were offered an I-Pad with music, but we had our own.

We loved the entire property and enjoyed having our own access to the Tivoli Gardens.

Thankfully, we made a reservation for dinner at Herman's and enjoyed the two hour meal of a life time. Each course exceeded our expectations and the staff was incredible.
NImb is an amazing experience. Make a reservation!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank petionville
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We arrived at the Nimb after a 17 night Silversea cruise so we were used to luxury and exceptional service. We arrived at 10 am and were quickly whisked in the luxurious small lobby. We were told our room should be ready in an hour and offered coffee in the breakfast restaurant while we waited. Within an hour we were taken to our lovely room where our luggage awaited. Although small (I booked the least expensive room) , the room had wonderful amenities including a great bathroom. Only one caution, next time I would pay more and not book a streetside room. It was noisy.

The street side of the hotel is across from the railway station. The other side opens into Tivioli Gardens. We could wander from hotel to Tivioli as often as we liked.

We had cocktails in the absolutely gorgeous bar. Later we dined in the hotel's Hermann Restaurant. It is a Michelin starred restaurant and was superb.

We stayed only one night. We had an early flight the next morning, but had time for the included delicious breakfast. Service throughout the stay was gracious, friendly, and we were always adressed by name.

Room Tip: Rserve a room on the Tivoli side. The cost more, but would be worth it. Our streetside room was noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank journeys99
Reviewed August 11, 2011

OK...what can I say - well first things first - the bar is crackingly good with personal service and a barman that makes quite incredible Hendricks Gin & cucumber sours. More of an alcohol consultant than a barman. That's 5 stars right there! Then of course there's the many Michelin starred restaurants in the place and the fact that you can walk out into the fairyland that is Tivoli gardens whenever you want. Bliss. Seriously though, this is a great hotel with brilliant service. We stayed 2 nights but one would be more than ample. I think the whole living in a themepark thing would get a little tired if we had stayed any longer. Our room was on the small side but very clean and well furnished with a lovely view of the gardens. The bath is enormous (you could swim in it) and the Molton Brown toiletries are lovely. Of course the place is very expensive so that side of tings should be good. Wasn't overly impressed by the bed - not terribly comfortable. Service was good compared to most hotels I've stayed in in Copenhagen (one Dane told me that they 'don't do service'!) and breakfast was good. I recommend the hotel but most of all I recommend the quite incredible bar and its quite incredible bartender who, if you let him, will take you on a wonderful world journey in delightful alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. I think it would be very romantic at Christmas with the open fires.

Room Tip: if you can afford it get a suite - the SLH upgrade is unlikely to come through since there are so few rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple