“Very pleased, probably the best in Copenhagen”
Review of Nimb Hotel

Nimb Hotel
Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a Denmark/France trip on occasion of a friend's wedding in Denmark. For comparative purposes, we stayed 2 nights at the Nimb; 2 nights at Bromoelle Kro in Denmark, site of the wedding; 4 nights at Hostellerie de Plaisance in St. Emilion, France; and 2 nights at the Hotel de Vendome in Paris.

We absolutely loved the Nimb. I had reservations since there's no A/C and I'm always hot, but the cooler September temps and open windows late at night let me peacefully sleep. The hotel is an unusual design on the exterior, but the interior is quintessentially Danish design with a nice mixture of clean modern lines and comfort. Our Room 12 was very nice, a junior suite with a wonderfully comfortable bed and lovely sitting area, as well as a sizable bath. The shower did tend to leak water out a bit onto the smooth bath floor, but otherwise we found the room amenities to be excellent. We had a fantastic view looking right out into Tivoli.

Some have complained about noise from Tivoli. Except for our Friday night stay, we didn't have any problems as we didn't retire until 11 pm or so after the park had closed down. On Friday night, though, there was a HUGE concert right outside our room--even with the windows closed, it was noticeable. For us, however, it was quite impressive and very entertaining--something of a classic Copenhagen experience, getting very nice seats to a Danish pop musical performance (even though we had no idea who was performing!). By midnight, the show was over and the noise wasn't an issue. And then we went to bed!

We also had dinner at Restaurant Herman in the hotel with another friend. We had tried unsuccessfully to secure a reservation months before at the famous Noma, so we settled on Herman based on Danish friends' recommendations. Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Herman was fantastic. We had a VERY good meal, one that certainly surpassed our expectations even with its Michelin star. We HIGHLY recommend it...and would gladly dine there again were we back in Copenhagen. The pre-fixe menu (we chose 4 courses) (with the finest wine pairings) was extraordinary, and the presentation was about as unique and impressive as any meal we've ever had. I normally don't even eat some of the items on the menu (such as oysters), but they were prepare/incorporated in such a way that I found them delicious. My licorice dessert of some sort looked quite unusual, but paired with the matched Sauternes was one of the most amazing desserts I've ever had. I will never forget it.

We would absolutely stay at the Nimb should our travels ever bring us back to Copenhagen. Service was first-rate, and the hotel matched expectations as if we were staying at any top drawer 5 star boutique property in any major city worldwide. (I don't use spas, it should be noted, so that could be an issue for others!) Bravo, Nimb!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Bill R
There are newer reviews for Nimb Hotel

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I reserved a room at the Nimb before we began a Baltic cruise in Copenhagen. We experienced world-class service from the moment we were welcomed by the staff until our check out. We were provided an upgraded room with a beautiful view of the Tivoli Gardens. Our accomodations were beautifully decorated in a very sophisticated contemporary style and the bathroom was large and elegant. Our room was wired with the cutting edge technology that was user friendly. We were offered an I-Pad with music, but we had our own.

We loved the entire property and enjoyed having our own access to the Tivoli Gardens.

Thankfully, we made a reservation for dinner at Herman's and enjoyed the two hour meal of a life time. Each course exceeded our expectations and the staff was incredible.
NImb is an amazing experience. Make a reservation!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank petionville
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We arrived at the Nimb after a 17 night Silversea cruise so we were used to luxury and exceptional service. We arrived at 10 am and were quickly whisked in the luxurious small lobby. We were told our room should be ready in an hour and offered coffee in the breakfast restaurant while we waited. Within an hour we were taken to our lovely room where our luggage awaited. Although small (I booked the least expensive room) , the room had wonderful amenities including a great bathroom. Only one caution, next time I would pay more and not book a streetside room. It was noisy.

The street side of the hotel is across from the railway station. The other side opens into Tivioli Gardens. We could wander from hotel to Tivioli as often as we liked.

We had cocktails in the absolutely gorgeous bar. Later we dined in the hotel's Hermann Restaurant. It is a Michelin starred restaurant and was superb.

We stayed only one night. We had an early flight the next morning, but had time for the included delicious breakfast. Service throughout the stay was gracious, friendly, and we were always adressed by name.

Room Tip: Rserve a room on the Tivoli side. The cost more, but would be worth it. Our streetside room was no...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank journeys99
Reviewed August 11, 2011

OK...what can I say - well first things first - the bar is crackingly good with personal service and a barman that makes quite incredible Hendricks Gin & cucumber sours. More of an alcohol consultant than a barman. That's 5 stars right there! Then of course there's the many Michelin starred restaurants in the place and the fact that you can walk out into the fairyland that is Tivoli gardens whenever you want. Bliss. Seriously though, this is a great hotel with brilliant service. We stayed 2 nights but one would be more than ample. I think the whole living in a themepark thing would get a little tired if we had stayed any longer. Our room was on the small side but very clean and well furnished with a lovely view of the gardens. The bath is enormous (you could swim in it) and the Molton Brown toiletries are lovely. Of course the place is very expensive so that side of tings should be good. Wasn't overly impressed by the bed - not terribly comfortable. Service was good compared to most hotels I've stayed in in Copenhagen (one Dane told me that they 'don't do service'!) and breakfast was good. I recommend the hotel but most of all I recommend the quite incredible bar and its quite incredible bartender who, if you let him, will take you on a wonderful world journey in delightful alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. I think it would be very romantic at Christmas with the open fires.

Room Tip: if you can afford it get a suite - the SLH upgrade is unlikely to come through since there are so fe...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank take-your-time
Reviewed July 31, 2011

If only I could have stayed longer! My stay at this hotel was a birthday surprise as we started a European trip. When you arrive at the Nimb it doesn't look all that special. Once you're inside the lobby however, you see right away how special this place is.

I stayed in number 10. All of the rooms except for one, face right into Tivoli Gardens.I love Tivoli so being able to open all of my windows onto the park was like staying in the castle at Disneyland and being able to oversee Fantasyland. I loved it! It is noisy however, less so with the windows closed but still, the park could be heard.

The room is outfitted with BangOlufson equipment. Sort of complicated, but the sound quality was worth it. My room also had two super comfortable chairs as well as this incredible couch, whose comfort rivaled the bed. The bathrooms are outfitted with vessael type bathtubs and have a seperate shower. Plenty of space and wonderful amenties and towels.

There is an interior bar that is beautiful. I would imagine it gets more use in the winter time. On a warm summer evening, i wanted to be out on the terrace. There are a few eating options and we chose the bistro in the hotel. The food was fantastic and the service exceptional. Afterward you can literally walk off of the terrace into Tivoli, (admission comes with your room). After dinner we walked around the park and got some ice cream. It was a great way to end the day.

The breakfast in the morning is amazing. There is the standard buffet as well as cooked options. Staying here is expensive but oh so worth it! It is elegant without being stodgy. Hip but not "hipper than thou", and the rooms are magnificent. If I return to Copenhagen I will stay at the Nimb, no question!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BijouxButtercup
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My wife and I were guests at the Nimb Hotel on the nights of May 22 & 23, 2011 (Room 8).

We had a wonderful 2 night stay prior to our Baltic Cruise on the Emerald Princess.

I own the Ocean Lodge and The Lodges at Cannon Beach in Cannon Beach, Oregon and your hospitality was as good or better than ours. I know very good service when I see it.

From the moment we arrived at the Nimb and Henrik help unload our bags, to the moment we left for the cruise dock, our stay at the Nimb was PERFECT.

The check-in procedure is very efficient and allowed us to get to our room quickly where we unpacked, retrieved our cameras and set off into the City for our first look at Copenhagen. The Nimb is centrally located so anywhere we wanted to go was just a short walk or train ride away. And the access to the Tivoli Gardens is a real plus. We were pleasantly surprised to walk out of the “back” of the hotel and see the Moorish architecture and the night lighting which is so different from the main street entrance.

We had breakfast twice on the veranda and met both the cook and the server - both were very friendly and helpful as we picked out a true Danish Pastry and ordered eggs and bacon. The warm blankets on the second morning and the hot coffee were a perfect way to start the day.

Thank you to Kuno for the time spent with us explaining the train system to the Little Mermaid and the Botanical Garden. When we return we will venture further out into the countryside since we are comfortable with the train system. Thank you to Michel in the upstairs bar who suggested several restaurants for our group and the one we selected was just perfect for eight. Thank you to Henrik for your Tivoli suggestion on the first night - although you should have told us about that roller coaster ride that goes upside down.

Our room was wonderful and the housekeeping service was quick and efficient. On the first night we requested a floor fan and it was delivered promptly. We prefer some type of airflow in the room at night and the fan along with the open window and the very comfortable bed made for great sleeping. We will try the fireplace if it is cold next time we visit.

Our best memories of the Nimb are in the upstairs bar with the eight of us after a long day of walking. It is such a light and open space and we met other repeat guests who said they would always stay at the Nimb when in Copenhagen. So will we.

Room Tip: Let the hotel pick your room. They are all wonderful. We liked Room 8.
Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OregonStateTravler
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Nimb is an odd hotel. Not one of the world's greats, but beautifully done inside. Michelin-starred restaurant, beautiful eclectic scandinavian design, a Great Hall that doubles as a bar and attentive customer service. But it's in an odd building, oddly overlooking the Tivoli themepark and backing onto the station. Which makes it a little odd. Or maybe eccentric. It's expensive but definitely nice, IF you get one of the rooms overlooking the gardens. In fact there is only ONE room that doesn't overlook the gardens. It's terrible and overlooks a taxi rank, a 4 lane highway and the train station. Don't make that mistake and you;ll have a lovely time here.

Room Tip: AVOID the one cheaper room overlooking the road
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business