“One of the best meals we had in Copenhagen”

Grams Laekkerier (closed to 8. jan.)
Ranked #3 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Description: We are a small and cosy cafe...located behind the metro building area. We are a lunch place and only with a few seats in- and out-door. Closed in the weekend and holidays. Tjek our opening hours on our homepage. We are often closed in the danish holidays. Look forward to serve you! NOTICE its not possible to reserve tables at Grams. Come by and see if you can be seated. All our food can also be as take away
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Yes, it's a sandwich place, and yes, it's off the beaten path but this is a true gem, hidden on a tiny side street.
It is the perfect combination of excellent customer service, fresh food and a happy atmosphere. There is limited inside seating (two tables), but he had tables outside, some with a large umbrella. This was a lucky break for us as it started to rain just as our sandwiches arrived and we were still nice and dry.
Now, the sandwiches: they come to you on fresh, delicious, doughy bread with a wonder of ingredients. The chicken salad with honey mango is great and the chicken salad with avocado was amazing. The owner brought out a smoothie sample for us to try and it was yummy.
We questioned him about sandwiches for the next day as we were leaving early on the train. He told us we could certainly work something out as to pick up, maybe even before he opened.
Do take the time to find Grams and you will not be disappointed.

4  Thank travchef

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm writing this just having finished the last bite of a chicken curry sandwich. You must come here for a sandwich, especially if you are looking for something quick, friendly, and perfectly priced. The atmosphere and staff are extremely friendly; they have fast wifi; and a surprisingly awesome playlist (think Beyoncé and The Mamas and the Papas)

5  Thank gentlemansongster
Reviewed April 1, 2013

friendly place good for a bowl of soup on a cold day. they have a couple of tables so you can eat insde but most of the trade is take away.

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch on a rainy Tuesday in November, and while initially skeptical due to the size (two tables inside....and outdoor seating in November Denmark weather isn't really for the faint of heart), we decided to give it a chance and found ourselves at a true diamond in the rough. Not only was the food exceptional (I had the chili chicken sandwich and it was great), but the proprietor of the place was incredibly warm and friendly. Not only did he make excellent recommendations, unnecessarily serve us our food at our table, and give us free samples of his freshly squeezed (Spanish) orange juice, but after a post meal discussion invited us back two days later when his aunt would be making fresh ableskevers (sp) at the restaurant (unfortunately we flew out that day and couldnt make it). I just hope others trying to discover Copenhagen have the good fortune of coming across this place....danish food can be expensive; I hate to cheapen this place by callIng it a 'value' (it's one of the best places we ate at), but you definitely won't leave feeling like you spent too much

4  Thank Nctarheel80
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I learned of Grams from TripAdvisor, and my wife and I had lunch there yesterday. We were thrilled with our sandwiches. My wife had the ham and cheese, and I had chicken and cheese, both with tasty lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cucumber. The bread was outstanding. They make the sandwiches while you wait, so they are very fresh. They will make it to suit your taste. I had cafe au lait, which was really good.

The place is small, with only a couple of tables. I think most of their business is take out, but I recommend that you try to eat in, because Claus and Morten are both so friendly, and both speak very good English. I really enjoyed chatting with them.

They are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 4:00 pm, closed on weekends.

They are located southwest of the Central Station. It's an easy walk from the station. When you get to the circle at Halmtorvet street, go left on Halmtorvet.

5  Thank 19Jim48