“Too small portions. Very cosy. Expensive. Noisy. Good enthusiastic service.”
Review of Cap Horn

Cap Horn
Ranked #248 of 2,695 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: French, Danish, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: You will find Cap Horn a short walk down the cobblestone street of the charming quay, Nyhavn. Every day Cap Horn's chefs prepare dishes based on the seasonal offerings of fresh produce. Cap Horn prefers to use organic produce and all of the ingredients are carefully selected with a focus on quality and with consideration for our climate.
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a special place in my heart as it is the first restaurant I went to in Copenhagen..13 years ago. I love the interior decoration, it is so cosy, romantic and charming. A place with a soul. I loved the food they served many years ago ( best mackerel I ever ate) . Baked in the oven and so fresh and tasty.
I saw that fish on the menu yesterday and ordered it but was pretty disappointed. It was a very tiny portion, fried, not baked, quite dry, and just ok but not more. Service was good, young happy people doing their job. Food could be much better. It was expensive for what we ordered , but this part of city is very touristic, so businesses are spoiled, they don't have to work too hard to get clients. Cap Horn just need to raise the bar a bit higher..
If you sit on the terrasse expect it to be noisy, and be ready to share tables with others but inside you have more privacy and calm during the day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go for this restaurant based on many positive feedbacks. Well, it was good, but nothing exceptional. We chose for the secret 3 courses menu, expecting local speciality : fish. Well, we had a tasty piece of salmon, a large piece of beef in a greasy sauce, and chocolate cake with ice cream... Good, but as I said, nothing exceptional, especially at such a high price . Nevertheless, welcome and service were nice and friendly.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We ate at this canalside restaurant about midway through our time in Copenhagen. The location of the restaurant was great. We also enjoyed the gazpacho soup, which was very tasty. Unfortunately, neither my wife nor I enjoyed our main course, which was a fried "plaice" fish. It was all bones, and tough to get any meat off the fish. It also didn't taste all that great either.

My daughter had a steak, which she didn't finish. I ate the rest of her staek because I was still so hungry. It was pretty good, as was the brown bread that they brought out with the meal.

One other thing; we weren't very comfortable here because the chairs were crammed so tightly together. I would not come back to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It is a shame. The prices in this restaurante are really steep and the food is mediocre at best. The service is good attentive.

Kathrine U, Manager at Cap Horn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Charles S
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit.
We take great pride in choosing the best produce in season for our menu, which is why we are very sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations, when you visited our restaurant.
We hope you will give us a chance another time to give you a fantastic experience in our restaurant.

Kind regards
Kathrine Ulrich
Manager, Cap Horn

Reviewed August 12, 2013

After the disapointment of the cancelled Neil Young concert we had an unplanned free first night in Copenhagen, The friendly girl greeting people was an initial attraction, (remember first impressions etc), we were politley offered a choice of indoors or outdoors. Our host the introduced herself for the evening, and the same girl as well as taking our orders often looked in on us as we had our meal. Menu was not too big, But covered the vegetarian, Fish and meat opitions. Quality of the food was excellent. For 2 glasses of champagne. 1 bottle of white wine. 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 sweet and 2 coffees. the tab was 1044 Kroner £122 ( the bill was actually coverted into pounds, dollars and Euros, so you could see at a glance what it cost). Not inexpensive by any means, but for what we had and the service and quality of food, I would expect to pay similar back in Edinburgh.
Would certainly come back!

2  Thank Ally C