“Very good, but portions larger than expected”
Review of Cap Horn

Cap Horn
Ranked #112 of 2,499 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: French, Danish, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: You will find Cap Horn a short walk down the cobblestone street of the charming quay, Nyhavn. Every day Cap Horn's chefs prepare dishes based on the seasonal offerings of fresh produce. Cap Horn prefers to use organic produce and all of the ingredients are carefully selected with a focus on quality and with consideration for our climate.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

At here after reading the reviews of others. Went about 6:00 and sat at the kitchen bar...it was pretty quite at that time. The waiter explained the meanu and was very nice, but he suggested 3 dishes + dessert. That was much too much food. I ordered the Jerusalem artichokes with buttermilk reduction. It was very good, but rather sweet..almost in a syrup. The portion was large, and the dish was very heavy (ie, starchy). I actually could have stopped eating at that point but I'd already ordered other things. I then moved on to the next dish, which was turbot with fennel ravioli on cheese. That was very good, especially the "ravioli" which actually was a fennel mash inside of 2 very thin slices of cheese which had melted around it. Very nice. I thourgh the fish was a bit rough, but i'm not that familiar with the fish and that could be how it always is. The final dish was artihokes with port belly and black truffle. That dish is TRULY superb but super super rich! I advise sharing it...it's really too much for 1 person. The bread also was good, as was the service. Again, my main complaint is that I was advised to order 3 dishes + dessert. Needless to say, I passed on the dessert!

There are newer reviews for Cap Horn

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Whilst the food is consistently good here the service is decidedly variable - on our visit in May it was dreadful. Brunch here is always a treat though, treat yourself to a glass of bubbly, love the hazelnuts and honey.

1  Thank PubLover7
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fine restaurant in a somewhat odd place surrounded by tourist trap restaurants and bars. Organic and great food at somewhat high prices.

Thank mikael.bjerrum
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Me and my boyfriend celebrated New Years 2012/2013 at this absolute cozy and quaint restaurant located in the middle of Copenhagen's famous Nyhavn district overlooking the old harbor, which in itself is like traveling back to the 17th century. The service was outstanding, and the atmosphere so romantic . The food was delicious (we started with the lobster) and very high quality, and the best part was that it was all very reasonable priced. We will definitely visit Cap Horn again, when we are back in Denmark, I also think it could serve well nice place for a business lunch during the day time - it really has to be experienced.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spent a very enjoyable afternoon in Cap Horn on New Years Eve! The food is superb. We started with a glass of champagne and then joined in with the Danish tradition of snaps with lunch! I started with a very tasty cream of roast artichoke soup drizzled with truffle oil. For the main event I enjoyed oven roasted salmon - absolutely delicious. Pudding was a deconstructed danish apple pie! a delight! I will go back yo Copenhagen just so I can revisit this wonderful restaurant