“Disgusting & Appalling - Avoid at all costs”
Review of The Ricemarket

The Ricemarket
Ranked #818 of 2,576 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Synagogens
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This restaurant is the worst restaurant I have dined in thorughout Europe. Service and food is appalling.

When the bill I arrived I was shocked to find that we were charged for table water which in the first instance we did not request. The waiter did not speak very good English and as such I can excuse him for his lack of service but the waitress that subsequently came over to explain the charge was very rude and abusive in her response. She explained that this was a common practice in restaurants in Copenhagen, however, this is not true as we dined in many other restaurants in the city during our stay and were not charged for table water. When I subsequently emailed the manager for an explanation I received no response.

Apart from the appalling service the food was bland and average at best. I would strongly discourage anyone from dining at this restaurant.

2  Thank shane1318

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We found this restaurant in the centre of Copenhagen, and were really impressed. The space is small and tight, but both times we came at towards the end of the service, and they had no problems accommodating us. There is a good selection of Thai staples, all authentically cooked, and attentive service... at good prices.

1  Thank jbamail
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Ok quality for the price. Semi gourmet, but crowdy and some of the dishes in tasting menu was just bland, others were great.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Went to Ricemarket for a Friday night dinner for two. Recommend advance booking - easy to do using efficient online system.

Bad news first:
The space is very crowded. The banquette seating against the wall is extremely uncomfortable, and the chairs opposite, back onto the narrow aisle, so are constantly jostled by passing servers.

And now for the good news:
The food is fantastic. In particular, the seared tuna with ginger and soy, and the whole fried fish with tamarind were exceptional.

The even better news:
Ricemarket will deliver to your hotel room. The food arrives well packaged, hot and delicious.
The delivery website is www.delivery-cph.dk.

2  Thank HappySavage
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I come here quite often.. all because of the my fav fried fish dish (i cannot find anything similar in Copenhagen) and padthai. They can also make yummy appetisers.

However, the place is crampy with poor ventilation. If you sit close to the kitchen most probably you'll smell like curry once you're out of the restaurant. The toilet is not clean enough so I try my best to avoid using it. I've tried all the desserts and they are not great so i will not recommend any of them. This is a Thai restaurant so how can the most common Thai dessert - like sticky rice with mango go wrong?