“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Blue Elephant Restaurant
Ranked #549 of 2,286 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Amager
Dallas
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu and at eat this place. Service was very very slow, slowest in Denmark, Germany and all other countries we visited. They never checked with our table after the food arrived. We even had to stand at the counter to get the bill. It was not worth the "service charge" and we did not leave a tip since they had probably socked us with a good size service charge.
Food; Inconsistent. My dish was labeled three elephants" (very hot) and was indeed the hottest food I have ever eaten. Half the dish had red chilles, rest was a few green chilles and a little bit of chicken with some basil. My friend's "three elephant curry" was hot but nothing like mine. Rest was OK.
Place is absolutely overpriced for what they provide.
Avoid.

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Munich, Germany
“Disappointing service - 2.5% charges for using a credit card”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I know the Blue Elephant Restaurants in London and Paris from various visits (both had always been a great experience). However, the restaurant in Copenhagen turned out to be on a much lower level.
The food quality was okay but not as good as in the locations mentioned above. The service, especially the payment process and the behaviour of the manager was extremely disppointing: I was asked whether I want to pay cash or by credit card. After selecting credit card payment, I was asked what I'm willing to pay in total (incl. tip).
After mentioning an amount, I was charged additional 2.5% without my approval. As I wasn't willing to pay the surcharge, the manager told me that this is fee due to a new law in Denmark and she is not able to cancel the transaction. Whilst the discussion she also told me (the guest) that she is really pissed and I should sign off the transaction right now. After that statement, I insisted to get the overpaid amount back in cash and left the place with my girlfriend.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SB2211
Bengaluru, India
“Food is OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

There is a choice for vegetarians, however the restaurant itself quite dark. The ambiance is Thai based and has all the right decoration, etc. however they need to improve the lighting.
The service was good, but the hostesses did not have a smile on her face and thought that she had to be paid to smile, which the person who waited on me had a million dollar smile.
And even for Danish standards this place was quite expensive.

Visited August 2013
London
“Really Poor Service and Attitude of Staff - Food very average!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We visited the Blue Elephant restaurant in Copenhagen last night (12.12.12), with high expectations considering the quality of the Blue Elephant in London where I have eaten previously. We were all extremely dissappointed with the poor attitude and service by the staff at the restaurant, firstly we waited over 20 minutes to receive our menus, could have been even longer had we not reminded the waiter for menu's after already waiting for 15 minutes.
When the food finally arrived - it was in dribs and drabs...one item at a time - with the last 2 dishes only arriving a full 25 minutes before the first.
The quality of the food is also not good enough - not for this price. The dishes lack authentic thai flavours and seem more appropriate had they been served up by your local chinese take-away.
If you want to eat at a quality restaurant in Copenhagen, where you expect a decent level of service from staff...avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Best hotel restaurant in the building, but still expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The Blue elephant is the best restaurant connected to the Radisson Scandinavia in Copenhagen with nice food. However, price and the fact that three different credit cards from Norway did not work when I wanted to pay draw down the total impression