Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast
Stege Nor(Stege)
  • Free Internet
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife, our young daughter and I stayed here for two nights and had a wonderful time. Christine is a great and inspiring host. Apart from the nearby beach, you will need a mode of transportation to get around.

Positive
+Attention to details. It was great to be greeted with a cold drink and flowers in the room
+Breakfast. Absolutely wonderful breakfast, better than many hotels
+Amenities. Not only was did we get a room & breakfast but also wifi, big social area with ocean view, tv, games, kitchen. The social area also featured a self service at very reasonable prices.

Negative
-50 DKK charge to use the guest kitchen

Overall we definitely recommend this B&B to other travellers, Christine does a great job!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Gnopps

Thank you very much for your review - and for visiting Tohøjgaard Bed & Breakfast - by the edge of the sea, as I say on my website. And indeed it is, where guests can enjoy a magnificent view over the Baltic Sea, take a walk along the beach, looking for beautiful rocks and fossils, or just have a swim to cool off after a long, hot day exploring the island of Møn.

You mention, that you don't approve of the fee of DKK 50 to use the kitchen. So it seems, I haven't made clear, what it is, you pay for: every guest can make coffee and tea, for free, provided by Tohoejgaard, and also use the refrigerator for storing their own food. Likewise, all guests can use the equipment in the kitchen, crockery, cutlery, bowls, dishes, glasses, cups etc. What I do charge for is, when you want to cook a "real" meal, using the stow, pots and pans etc., but to heat up a ready-to-eat-dish is still free. Your comment will help me to improve the explanation of that to future guests in my welcome-folder in the rooms. Thank you - and I hope to see your here again some day.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

One of the most relaxing places I have ever been. You could spend hours just looking at the immaculate garden and beautiful view across the fields and out to sea. Fresh flowers and soft dressing gown await you. Very well equipped, with shared kitchen area and sitting room, bikes for hire, wine and beer in the fridge. Delicious breakfast - presented beautifully with soft music tinkling away in the background. The whole place is very homely but large enough to feel private. We stayed for 3 nights, but I could have easily stayed for two weeks or longer. If you value food, peace, nature, freedom and fresh air, then this is the place for you. Truly wonderful. Thank you Christine

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Hi Polly
Thank you for your stay here - and for your great review. I am pleased to read, that you found it relaxing and peaceful here. As one of the many people staying in Copenhagen, you took a few days off to get away form the hustle and bustle of the city, and just 85 minutes drive away (about two hours with train and bus), you get to Tohøjgaard Bed and Breakfast on Mon, - actually for many danish people more or less unknown. And my effort is to give you a relaxing time her, as it says on my website:

Fresh sea air … the gentle sound of the surf … the slim beech forest … sun on the terrace, the ships on the horizon and a myriad of stars when darkness falls … Perfect for a relaxing, bask-in-the-sun holiday, an adventure trip or an active cycling holiday.
My best Christine

Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you have your own wheels, this is a highly recommended place -lovely rooms, peaceful and quiet, perfect view, simply awesome. From the minor details of the rooms and facilities, one can tell the thoughtfulness and hospitality of Christine and her team.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi Singapore

Thank you for you recommendation of Tohøjgaard Bed and Breakfast. Yes, you are right about the wheels: Tohoejgaard is situated 8km / 5M west of Stege, so to get from there requires some kind of transportation. Most guests come by car or bikes, but if you travel by train and bus to Stege, it is possible for me to pick you up at the bus station, and then you can rent bikes here for your outings.
I thank you for your visit here, maybe you want to come back some tim.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Although we were able to stay at Tohøjgaard for just one night, we had a lovely time there. We enjoyed the feeling being in the real countryside, surrounded by nature but having all the comforts we needed. We felt welcome and like at home. Christine – the owner – is a very kind lady who is passionate about her beautiful garden and she also made a small „garden tour“ for us. There is a nice view of the sea from the garden, and the beach with small stones and sand is easily accesible (walk of about 10 min). You can see Christine´s care and „hygge“ style at every step. Not luxurious, but clean, very comfortable and made with love. A perfect place for those who are fed up with city life and want to renew their energy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Martina P
Thank you for you nice review - and you compliments on my garden. And thanks to your knowledge, you managed to determine a plant, that I have in my herb garden: Ruta graveolens. I don't know, how it "landed" there, and I have no use for it as a herb in my cooking, but I will wait for it to bloom, hoping it can be used in the little vase with flowers, that I put on the welcome-tray in the rooms for new coming guests.
As you point out, Tohoejgaard is a perfect place to stay, if you want to "recharge your batteries", only 75 minutes drive from Copenhagen and about 5 hours from Hamburg and Berlin ... I hope to see you here again some day, when you need a break from the daily rush.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are a family with 3 kids (ages 7,5 and 1). We had a great time in beautiful Mon. This b&b has one of the best views in Denmark. The service is very personal. Christine makes the effort to make the place feel like someone's home. We had a few meals at the common lounge. It had lovely views and the kids could run around the massive garden. Christine says she has plans to build a little playground which would makes this place perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Christine N, Owner at Tohojgaard Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear HoongG

Thank you for your fine review - and your comments on the view here form Tohoejgaard. It is indeed a fantastic view over the Baltic Sea, especially, since we are situated high above the water, and you can see almost a 180 degree angle - and still there is only a eight minutes walk to the beach.
It was lovely to see your kids enjoying the garden - even your two daughters helped me pulling up some weed - give them my regards. And maybe you will come some day again, and your children can try the new playground - it will be finished by the end of this year.