“Beautiful food,excellent service,cosy and relaxing atmosphere”
Review of Kromanns Hotel & Restaurant - CLOSED

Kromanns Hotel & Restaurant
Cuisines: German, Danish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Kromanns for one night and enjoyed a most pleasant stay. Excellent service in all aspects, dinner and breakfast were delicious, tasteful and appetising. We loved the flambé addition to the desserts with the flambé ladle being heated in the wood fire before the brandy or liqueur was poured into it. We also enjoyed a free cognac along with the owner's company at our table. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Polite service from young German waitress and waiter no problem/nice.

I wanted a normal danish, world famous lager beer beer in fanø denmark but on offer was German Bitburger and a danish dark beer the name of which got lost in translation at least for me.
I tried the dark beer which was in my opinion horrible then I tried the german Bitburger said to be great it was also in my opinion horrible.
This is the choice for beer drinkers at this place not a great advert for visitors in to denmark who might at least want a choice as is the custom in denmark in any other restaurant, not either or ...take or leave it.

My wifes schnitzel had a horrible batter oozing in fat and the the "brased kartofler" were truly disgusting and I note another commentator mentioning GordonRamsey. These potatoes had obviously just been thrown into melted fat/butter then fished out, they were oozing as was the schnitzel with fat. My dish, homemade pasta with grilled salmon pieces with three sauces was very oily and not very appetising and at a cost of 168 DKK a big disappointment and complete rip off.

Back to my wifes disgusting food, we refused to pay for it and this was accepted.

We could not agree if this gastronomic episode belonged in Monty Python or a Gordon Ramsey show. He would definitely not eat this muck.

All in all disappointments all the way, really low quality, actually very bad
we wished we had cycled on bye.....not too late for other readers to do this ...you have been advised of our almost spoilt day at fanø.

4  Thank robinwelsh
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The restaurant was clean and tidy. Ordered bouillabaisse for starter and their "4 different fish" fried for main course. No stomach for dessert. The food was great, especially the bouillabaisse - the main course had a gravy a little too "rich" for my taste.

We came with a 2 years child, and they made a special order for us since he don't eat much of the normal items on the kids-menu yet, nice service. Generally the service was good, waiters with smiles and the food arrived very quickly. A little awkward that all waiters were from Germany, but, their english was good and also basic Danish. I guess most of the clientele in the summer-season is German, so it makes sense.

1  Thank sorenad
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Kromans is a great, relaxed, friendly and easygoing place - Sehr Schøn they would say :-)
Hope to visit them again

2  Thank NielsBrinch
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I have tried all restaurants on this island and at last I found Kromanns Fiskerestaurant. I was delighted to have found this one - excellent charming staff and an unbeatable kitchen!!!!!!!!!!! The price for Denmark are very cheap, everything was fresh and homemade. I will go there again, soon!

3  Thank meike75