“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Billund
Madrid
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Simply fantastic. Everything so easy. A perfect place to visit legoland and surrundings. There is a train to take you from to Lalandia centre, we prefered to rent a card. The house was simple but comfortable, everything worked ok. An experience to repeat.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank MJ_spain

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Lalalndia aquadome was nothing special, almost all pools for small kids. My 8 years daughter liked one pool, and one attraction. Better Water Park was in Latvija and Estonia. People from Baltic States Lalandia were very expensive, and the quality is poor. We spend there one hour and go to the hotel. Better spend more days in Legoland, for all of as it was a very good adventure.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ginta U
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 stayed at Lalandia Holiday Chalets for 2 nights. We found the facility very clean and well equipped for a self contained unit. The unit is close to Legoland and the Aquadome. Great stay for the family.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ssh2012
Koszalin, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

First of all I would like to say thank you for staff who help me during my booking mistake.
I booked hotel by booking.com but it was bad idea because there is only standard offer without any promotion. Staff helped me and even I booked my house by booking.com I could use their promotion and I got two days more for free.
It is true is it maybe not clear how it works : check in, check out but when you booked your house then you got email with clear information.
Price do not include electricity, heater, water you must pay extra during check out. Linen, towels you can rent and pay during your stay or during booking on their website.
I rented nice house with three bedroom for 6 person although I use it only for 4.
Mattress is not comfortable but only ok especially when my six old son come in night to us to share our bed :))))
Kitchen was open and together with living and dining room. I think it is not for 6 person but only for 4 for good comfort.
in your house you can find washing machine, clothes dryer, dishwasher but remember you have to pay for water and electricity.
There are every size plates, cups and cutlery for 10 person so more than should be. It was good.
Outside you can find a lot of playing place for children and you can rest during your holiday.
Houses are very close to aquapark, monkey park and Legoland. Even your house is far from Lalandia centre you can use shuttle train which is 2 times per hour in your area.
If you want to go to Legoland or aquapark I recommend to go there in weekdays not during weekend. Weekend you can try to go to Safari and spend there some hours but remember take with you lunch basket and have lunch in nature with animals around.

1 Thank ZibiKoszalin
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed the week before Easter. I am a big fan of the Lalandia / Aquadome / Legoland experience, and if at all possible, things have gotten even better of the last 2 years! The highway work from Vejle to Billund has been completed and the drive is much improved. The check-in / check-out procedure was painless because there was none -- we received our armbands in the mail and just drove directly to our cabin and walked right in. We were in the Hyldestien region, on the edge of the Billund airport, about a 20 minute walk from the Aquadome. I think the Billund airport must have grown during the past 2 years or else I am getting more sensitive, but I did notice the airplanes this time (as opposed to last), especially the 6 AM flights. The area was rather full with lots of families with small kids, but it was very, very quiet and very well maintained. The cabin was a joy -- it must have been built just recently. Spotless, perfect. You'll need a HDMI cable to display movies for the kids from your laptop on the wall mounted TV. WiFi was free and reasonable. I'd personally like some sort of blackout blinds on the bedroom windows, but that is probably just me. You can rent bedclothes or bring them with you. You might want to bring some dishwasher tablets with you so you can avoid buying an entire box. You must pay for your electricity and water consumption upon checkout. Our family of four used about 225 DKK's worth over 4 days if I recall correctly. On the subject of checkout, again a dream. You do this via the TV in your living room and that's it! It may be me, but I thought the prices at the local store had come down with respect to the prices in the village so that the local store felt like a convenient (but still pricey) alternative. It is very reasonably stocked in my opinion. We did not use any restaurants but rather prepared all of our meals ourselves. We made one trip to the SuperBrugsen in the village to stock up. It is about a 5 min car ride from the cabins, but I suspect it would take almost an hour to walk there. To sum it all up: there is not much that could be improved upon here. I highly recommend Lalandia.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank KGF_66
Odiham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We travelled as a group of six, two families each with a six year old boy. We were a little apprehensive as when we were given our lodge number we were as far away as possible - Hyldestein. However our lodge was great, the layout is perfect for two families and it was well equipped and the wifi was free. One of the group had a car which was helpful. We rented bedding which was easy to pick up on the day. The resort centre was awesome, a great swimming pool which we all enjoyed - make sure you try out the tornado slide. We shopped in the resort shop which seemed to have a good range - particularly of fresh food. We bought the car park pass which saved us quite a lot as we parked the car in lalandia car park when we went to Lego land - definitely worth investing in.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mark R
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We will possibly rate this as one of our best vacations. We stayed 2 nights in all - spent a day in LEGOLAND and went twice to the Lalandia Water Park. The rooms were spacious and I was impressed by the fact that they actually measure the amount of water you consume and charge you separately for that - we never thought we consumed so much water - made us re-think about our impact on the environment. The separate villas were cool. We did not hire a car so we took public transport all the way from Copenhagen but did not quite feel the absence since even the walk from the villas to Lalandia is covered by a buggy which comes regularly.

The separate kitchen and all the cutlery was useful since we are vegetarians.

The only thing they could do better is have service staff be a bit more accessible (they seem far off in their offices) though we personally did not need them so possibly they go thin on service staff to keep the costs down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family