In early May I stayed four nights in a cabin advertised as adequate for five people. Maybe for five dwarves, but not for five adults. We could barely turn around it was so tiny, and there was not enough room for all of us to open our bags at the same time.
The good news is that they have invested a lot of money to improve these facilities the past year. The cabins and resort area are very clean and well kept. There are lots of play options for children within the Village. And the roads to the cabins are now paved. When it rains, your cabin may be surrounded by mud, so bring some waterproof shoes.
It was so cold that it was tough sleeping with five layers of clothes on. And the wifi service was... not...most of the time. Also take a flashlight because if you try to find your cabin after midnight, Mr. Bear (or whoever is at the intersection of your lane) will not be visible because the lights are turned off. I marched right by him and ended up in a field on a very dark and rainy night. Scary.
It took us seven months to straighten out our reservation from the time we made it, and they still demanded more money when we got ready to leave. Bring all your paperwork/emails or you could be in for a rude awakening. I refused to pay the extra 100US because we had already paid more than enough for what we received and they had told us that we had paid for everything before we arrived. It felt like the Mob was out to get us, which took some of the fun out of our stay.
It is great being within ten minutes of Legoland and Lalandia, where we ate and shopped most of the time. Do bring warm clothes and a strong umbrella, rain suit, or whatever. It rained so hard sideways while we were in the Park that I had to place my umbrella in front of me or it would have blown away. The Park was wonderful and lots of fun even though it was cold and rainy.
And the Danes are lovely folks for the most part. If you do decide to rough it and stay in one of these cabins, bring some food and drinks with you if possible. A Coke cost about 8US in Lalandia restaurants and in the Park. I made tea in the cabin and took it everywhere to avoid that price.
The airport is just a few blocks as a crow flies, but most of us can't fly like a crow. So be prepared to pay 20US for a cab to catch your plane out. The airport is perfect with quick entry and exit and short lines wherever I went. And a nice LEGO store there as well.
Next time I will definitely look for a roomier room and a few more amenities. My hostel days are over. (Darn, why can't Marriott put a real hotel next to the Park? Maybe the season is too short to make it work.) Lodging is quite limited near the Park, so do bring lots of cash/credit because you will need it. And bring an extra huge rolling bag to carry home all the LEGO loot you will buy unless you are American and used to much lower prices at home.
If you are a young family with small children on a tight budget, these cabins could work for you. Just don't try squeezing the grandparents in, too, as you will be standing on top of each other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the doorstep of LEGOLAND® is the new LEGOLAND® Holiday Village, a cosy holiday location for the entire family, including a hostel, cabins and a campsite with lots of outdoor activities and plenty of room for fun and games. Live like cowboys in our impressive Wild West cabins, real Indians in our tipi tents or like pirates in our family rooms. Or bring your own caravan or tent and enjoy the many activities and features offered at the campsite.LEGOLAND Holiday Village features a LEGO® shop, playgrounds, a petting zoo, bonfire sites and, naturally, excellent shopping opportunities. We also offer a pirate restaurant where you can enjoy a large and delicious breakfast buffet or your evening meal. Furthermore, we are neighbours of the Lalandia aqua park and Billund Bad swimming centre if you feel like having a splash. Bring your entire family to LEGOLAND® Holiday Village. You will have the best time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your LEGOLAND Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legoland Village Hotel Billund
- LEGOLAND Holiday Village Denmark/Billund