“Just ok”

Restaurant Domestic
Ranked #18 of 673 Restaurants in Aarhus
Description: A restaurant located in Aarhus serving creative dishes made from locally sourced produce in a homely environment. One star in the Michelin Guide.
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Great service, lovely ambience, huge emphasis on local ingredients. All in all very good, but is it 1 star Michelin quality, on par with other cities like Barcelona, Lisbon or London? I very much have my doubts. My favourite dish was the little snacks, especially pork belly, served "candy on the stick" style. Snacks pairing with the unfiltered sparkly cider was fab. In terms of the tasting 4 course, tartare of beef was bland, pork main also uninspiring, mushrooms too greasy. Local cod good, but nothing wow, though Jerusalem artichoke was fab. The most disappointing course was the bland dessert. Overall, an enjoyable experience, though I would probably stay away from the basic wine matching offer (so ordinary).

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely gem of a restaurant, juxtaposed in a grafitti'd back street of Aarhus. We had the 4 course meal, with 8 'snacks' and sourdough plus upgraded wine flight. Tge food was presented almost as pieces of art, containing home made and locally sourced aspects and great flavour combinations. The descriptions from wait staff were excellent considering English is not their first language. We had a very enjoyable evening but after 13 small courses, were very very full indeed!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank mazmccoy
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go to Aarhus and eat at domestic. I am a restaurant owner myself and chef.been eating many places in the world last being La pergola in Rome 3 Star Michelin restaurant.ad Heinz Beck. I think that this place has a lot of potential. the service through the evening was very Calming relaxing and completely out standing. it is something that I'm missing every single time I go out eat ad a Michelin restaurant it does not matter if it's one star two stars or three Stars the service and awareness will always be the most important for me when I go out to eat. If the food then is created well tasting beautiful plaited up and we'll presented. you getting somewhere. This night everything of the above was presented here. I even have a chance to mix the wine that I preferred personally to the menu. Very well done I must say. You're getting 5 Stars from me and that I usually do not give.

From a happy guest

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

The food is interesting, well presented and very enjoyable. The ambiance is calming and pleasurable. The wine list is excellent with plenty of choices.

The only disappointing dish was the main meat course which was rather chewy. However the big let done was the tailing off of the service towards the end of the meal. We were so fed up we had to for the bill before the final dessert course was served. Shame but will not deter us from going again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

The combination of various tastes was excellent, also the accompaning wine selection was at the same level. The staff was nice, they presented each dish and wive in detail. An interesting experience. The prices were quite above average, but so was the restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018