“Outstanding service”

Restaurant Domestic
Ranked #18 of 674 Restaurants in Aarhus
Description: A restaurant located in Aarhus serving creative dishes made from locally sourced produce in a homely environment. One star in the Michelin Guide.
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go to Aarhus and eat at domestic. I am a restaurant owner myself and chef.been eating many places in the world last being La pergola in Rome 3 Star Michelin restaurant.ad Heinz Beck. I think that this place has a lot of potential. the service through the evening was very Calming relaxing and completely out standing. it is something that I'm missing every single time I go out eat ad a Michelin restaurant it does not matter if it's one star two stars or three Stars the service and awareness will always be the most important for me when I go out to eat. If the food then is created well tasting beautiful plaited up and we'll presented. you getting somewhere. This night everything of the above was presented here. I even have a chance to mix the wine that I preferred personally to the menu. Very well done I must say. You're getting 5 Stars from me and that I usually do not give.

From a happy guest

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

The food is interesting, well presented and very enjoyable. The ambiance is calming and pleasurable. The wine list is excellent with plenty of choices.

The only disappointing dish was the main meat course which was rather chewy. However the big let done was the tailing off of the service towards the end of the meal. We were so fed up we had to for the bill before the final dessert course was served. Shame but will not deter us from going again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

The combination of various tastes was excellent, also the accompaning wine selection was at the same level. The staff was nice, they presented each dish and wive in detail. An interesting experience. The prices were quite above average, but so was the restaurant.

1  Thank 924alexandrae
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

We had the 4-course menu with paired wines, all served in interesting ways by friendly and enthusiastic staff. The courses were made from local ingredients with perfect touch and finish. Well worth the price and highly recommended!

2  Thank Bjorn_Sthlm
Reviewed May 6, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening (4.5 hrs) at Domestic, it was absolutely wonderful.
The service from the young (all 20 somethings) staff was top notch, they all seemed to genuinely be enjoying what they do.
The food was excellent, all ingredients are locally sourced (so don't expect any tropical ingredients such as citrus or chocolate),course after course of tasty morsels and the wine pairing was perfect. The standout dish for me was the lobster but even the two butters they served with the bread were great.
The young chefs here are really talented, the young front of house staff delightful, the future of Danish cuisine is in good hands.

1  Thank divenuts