“Nice Cozy restaurant in town”
Review of Restaurant GAST

Restaurant GAST
Ranked #52 of 673 Restaurants in Aarhus
Description: When visiting our MICHELIN GUIDE recommended restaurant GÄST you will experience Italian-Nordic cuisine, local seasonal produce, and a sustainable approach to both food and people. We serve creatively prepared dishes, where traditional Italian flavors meet modern Nordic thoughts.
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

I went with my friend during Gastro week.
3courses menu was delicious.
Starter we got cod which was very fresh, tasty.
Main course was oso buko. It was ok but little bit different style then original.
For the desert we got ice cream with cake which was also good.
In general, both food, service was perfect.
Friendly staff. I will recommend to my friends and would like to visit again

Date of visit: February 2019
Marlene K, General Manager at Restaurant GAST, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

Dear nadajyp14

Thank you very much for your kind review it means a lot to us.
I am very pleased to read your comments regarding food and service and in particular regarding my colleagues.
Thank you for your recommendation, we are looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 11, 2018

In visit to my wife's Danish family they had the brilliant idea to invite me to eat Italian (me coming from that country), they booked in this very fancy restaurant they said had a fantastic reputation, well, that's all they have the reputation, food was below average, pretentious and not well prepared, the whole atmosphere stiff upper lip but without the substance to allow it. Italian, not kidding, if you would try to open something like that in Italy you will have riots ripping it of a piece by piece, defining it Italian is offensive for my culture and the culinary richness we hold. On top of this, very inflexible, we went there with our three years old daughter (a bit of a fussy eater to be fair) and asked for some France fries or a ham sandwich. Which restaurant, especially a supposed Italian one wouldn't accommodate such a simple request? well, they didn't, with the result we had to leave and go to eat with our daughter on the burger king on the other side of the road, brilliant customer care and overall service, bad food (definitely not Italian) and really, really expensive, avoid that place like the pest.

Date of visit: November 2018
Marlene K, General Manager at Restaurant GAST, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2018

Dear BackPacker780506

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience in our restaurant again as you did 07/07/18 and 17/09/18.
We take all inquiries seriously - and of course we did also evaluate your feedback with our service team but doing it for the third time on the same feedback is not serious.

As mentioned before our guests always have the opportunity to see our menu card before ordering and unfortunately we can’t meet your (and other guests) request for fried potatoes as we do not have a deep fryer in our kitchen. This is quite conscious as our cuisine is Italian-Nordic inspired. Therefore we always have a pasta dish for babies and children, which is very popular among families with children.
And like most of the other restaurants in the city, of course, we do not allow to bring food from other restaurants into our restaurant without being informed about this in advance, therefore we kindly asked you to eat the French fries from Burger King in our lobby where there is sofas instead of in the restaurant.

We are always very flexible in relation to special requests - whether it is special menus for children, allergies or vegetarians and vegans. If possible, we always prefer to know these requests in advance since it provides the best experience for everybody.

I really hope we get a chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant Gæst is a nice place with a cosy athmosphere. The food is good and tasty, and the service is kind. Only down side is that each serving is rather small, so you will need at least three courses to get enough.

Date of visit: November 2018
Marlene K, General Manager at Restaurant GAST, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Dear jjk988

Thank you for your kind review that means a lot to us, I am pleased to read that you liked both the food and service.

I hope we get a chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

We had three course menu dinner. It was their gastro week, which rose our expectation some what. The menu was traditional danish food, but it the quality wasn't good. Not recommended.

Date of visit: October 2018
Marlene K, General Manager at Restaurant GAST, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear 32Morten

Thank you for your review however I am really sorry to read that Restaurant Gäst didn't meet your expectations and most of all that you didn't find the quality good since it is supposed to be every time we meet a guest.

I really hope we get a chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Had a quick pasta dinner. The wine, salad and service was perfect, but the Cacio e Pepe was almost disappointing (given my high expectations, having had it a long time ago at Fischer's in Copenhagen)

Date of visit: September 2018
Marlene K, General Manager at Restaurant GAST, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Lars J

Thank you for your review, of course I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the pasta, since this is not how we intend to be, however I am very pleased to read that you liked wine, service and salads.

I reaaly hope we get a chance to welcome you back again.