“Sophia Loren returns to Marcello ”

Passione Pizzeria Gourmet e Ristorante
Ranked #64 of 666 Restaurants in Aarhus
Description: We are an Italian restaurant and pizzeria gourmet, where you can find the best products from Italy from coffe, wine and gastronomy.
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

It's been a while since my last review, so time for an update. Marcello has not lost any of his passion for things Italian. And it is reflected in his Cafe / Restaurant / Delicatessen / Wine Shop. Good place to visit for that Italian experience whether to chill outside with strong espresso or Sptitz, do some shopping or enjoy quality and honest food. Years ago my partner and I were lucky to have a private lesson in the art of preparing the perfect risotto and you can't get better teacher than Marcello. We never looked back.
Now for the title of this review. Before Marcello moved to his new premises, he had a framed print of a scene from Matrimonio All'Italiana depicting Sophia Loren at her best. I fell in love with it and had to have it. After some negotiations, offered him a deal he could not refuse. Now we have moved to Aalborg with much less wall space, Sophia had to go, so I decided she deserves to return to the rightful owner. Piece of beauty and worth the visit to Passione on its own, but you will probably end up parting with some cash when you see what's on offer.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank tsv01

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

We were greeted by a very friendly waitress. Eagirly we ordered a couple pizzas and some beers. First - The beer was warm. It was an italian brand which I’ve never had before, so maybe its best enjoyed at 20 degrees celsius - but somehow I doubt it. I then ordered a cold coke. Which they poured me a glass from a 1.5l bottle. Nothing wrong with that I guess, at least it was cold. But the pizzas...! It looked like the chef was about to deep-fry them, and regretted it, because thats how much oil was on the pizzas. A nice and crisp crust on the outside. But the centre was all gooey mush. A terrible pizza experience.

The worst part was having to see the owners face everywhere. Books with pictures of himself in the window, in the menu, on the table.

And no receipt with description.

Stay away.

Date of visit: July 2018
3  Thank madd78737
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I visit this restaurant several times and tried different dishes - pizzas, tagliere,carpaccio. Food was always fresh and delicious, great choice of wines. Service on top. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank DT2507
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Marcello found best name for the present business. He is so passionate about Italian cuisine and serves

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank tsv01
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Good Italian food served with care. Only problem was when we visited, on both occasions, the pizza chef was off ( without any warning until we'd sat down) so no pizzas available, which was what we'd gone for. Shame. But otherwise atmospheric little modern trattoria-style with huge choice of eye-wateringly expensive wines. Good good but not a cheap place to dine if you want a few glasses of wine too !

Date of visit: July 2017